Author Topic: Odd Frame-Rate Hits During Fortress Europe  (Read 762 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Odd Frame-Rate Hits During Fortress Europe
« on: March 02, 2020, 09:50:32 AM »

Nefarious had been reporting big stutters and FPS drop as their formations approached their drop target.  (AI load of calculating drop?)  I had re-upped and was returning to the formation.  Smooth as silk until I got near the formation. 

This film doesn't really show it in playback, but at the beginning of the film I was hitting 14 fps all of the sudden.

I thought you might want to take a look in case it has any info in the film.

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline snugar109

• Zinc Member
Re: Odd Frame-Rate Hits During Fortress Europe
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 09:58:00 AM »
Same with me for rate drops. Fine not in clouds all the way to the bmbr group, got near them and went down 10 in frame rates on 2nd trip. We had another squaddie that went from 144 to 40 and was really choppy but was in clouds on the first interception. Then someone else told me they dropped from 60 to 40 so rates were all over the map on the Axis side.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 10:37:51 AM »
Nefarious had been reporting big stutters and FPS drop as their formations approached their drop target.  (AI load of calculating drop?)  I had re-upped and was returning to the formation.  Smooth as silk until I got near the formation. 

This film doesn't really show it in playback, but at the beginning of the film I was hitting 14 fps all of the sudden.

I thought you might want to take a look in case it has any info in the film.

:salute
Offline or online?

HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 10:41:50 AM »
Offline or online?

HiTech

This was online in the SEA.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 06:02:54 PM »
I've experienced it on a few different occasions, I noticed during a test I ran Saturday, Feb 15th at 3PM EST, where there was only a handful of human players, 4-5.

During this test, there was only Luftwaffe pilots and they were having their way with the formation. As we approached the target, it began to get pretty laggy. I wondered it if it was the AI parachutes from destroyed bombers. Oddly enough, the lag was only present when I was looking East in the game.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 06:06:16 PM »
I've experienced it on a few different occasions, I noticed during a test I ran Saturday, Feb 15th at 3PM EST, where there was only a handful of human players, 4-5.

During this test, there was only Luftwaffe pilots and they were having their way with the formation. As we approached the target, it began to get pretty laggy. I wondered it if it was the AI parachutes from destroyed bombers. Oddly enough, the lag was only present when I was looking East in the game.

Which direction was the bulk of the formation relative to you?   E, W, S, N?

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 06:28:39 PM »
Which direction was the bulk of the formation relative to you?   E, W, S, N?

I was in an AI bomber, so typically I was in my guns or in F3 mode looking 12 oclock from the 6 of the bomber. I was bracketed by bombers left and right, and not much were in front, in my viewing area. It was just when I looked East, and when I moved my guns or my view in F3 it cleared up.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!