Author Topic: coronavirus support?  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: coronavirus support?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 03:48:35 PM »
Yall should know this money is not free. For those working, you will be paying around $10,000 in taxes just to cover the money that many did not contribute to..... no interest.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 04:08:41 PM »
Yall should know this money is not free. For those working, you will be paying around $10,000 in taxes just to cover the money that many did not contribute to..... no interest.

And?

Who else did you think was gonna pay for it?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 04:10:43 PM »
They should have just refunded our individual tax withholdings from 2019... but I digress.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 04:31:38 PM »
Yall should know this money is not free.

Ask the pan handlers about the free money they receive.  Especially, when you see them drive off with brand new cars.  Unfortunately, there are real people in need of money that sit at those intersections due to medical reasons and those healthy enough to work take from the needy.

There is easy money and hard money.  There is hardship times.

In the coming weeks where the possibility that extreme hardship times happen, Dale chooses to make the online portion free, then would be an incredible choice.  This social distancing will be a new chapter in our daily lives. 

The question would be.  Will 3 to 5 months of free Aces High subscriptions be a great long term gain with bringing a new group of players and returning players to ease the economic hardships of this imposed isolation guarantee that once the economy rebounded that the new and returning players should keep the subscription once it went back to the cheap $14.95 a month?
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 04:35:47 PM »
Ask the pan handlers about the free money they receive.  Especially, when you see them drive off with brand new cars.  Unfortunately, there are real people in need of money that sit at those intersections due to medical reasons and those healthy enough to work take from the needy.

There is easy money and hard money.  There is hardship times.

In the coming weeks where the possibility that extreme hardship times happen, Dale chooses to make the online portion free, then would be an incredible choice.  This social distancing will be a new chapter in our daily lives. 

The question would be.  Will 3 to 5 months of free Aces High subscriptions be a great long term gain with bringing a new group of players and returning players to ease the economic hardships of this imposed isolation guarantee that once the economy rebounded that the new and returning players should keep the subscription once it went back to the cheap $14.95 a month?

2 months free would generate thousands of new players and probably hundreds of new subscribers once it kicked back in afterwards. Just my estimate and longshot opinion. That being said, initial setup for joysticks and mouse need to be made very simple. Once that is figured out, its gold.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 04:40:56 PM »
I mean who cares, USA is what 20+ trillion in debt. We are are just gonna print more money.
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 05:01:48 PM »
2 months free would generate thousands of new players and probably hundreds of new subscribers once it kicked back in afterwards. Just my estimate and longshot opinion. That being said, initial setup for joysticks and mouse need to be made very simple. Once that is figured out, its gold.

This is simply not true.  Hitech already offers a free game and people do not play it.  It is no different for AH.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 05:25:38 PM »
This is simply not true.  Hitech already offers a free game and people do not play it.  It is no different for AH.

Ehhhh, AH actually has a player base and more followers. A promotion on steam would gain interest.

IMHO, that new game should have been apart of AH in a different module like H2H was. I feel as though the effort should have been more on the Match Play and fixing that, rather than creating a whole new game that takes a tremendous amount of time and cost to market effectively.

That game is not like AH, so it's not the same comparison.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 05:53:36 PM »
 :huh

Silly thread is silly

:O
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2020, 06:14:35 PM »
I mean who cares, USA is what 20+ trillion in debt. We are are just gonna print more money.

Printing money isn't free. Every time that cash is printed to increase available currency it drives inflation. Then when the interest rate drops (it's negative now) the inflation rate increases yet again.

Let's say someone pays $1/4Million in taxes. How many on unemployment does that cover? Not enough, and so the country goes even further into debt.

The only people in America that should be taking handouts are those that cannot be trained for any profitable position.

People have been warning the public sector for decades that living paycheck-to-paycheck was not a safe place to be. Did you save anything? Or just enough to buy an emergency pile of TP?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2020, 06:23:32 PM »

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 07:53:28 PM »
Printing money isn't free. Every time that cash is printed to increase available currency it drives inflation. Then when the interest rate drops (it's negative now) the inflation rate increases yet again.

Let's say someone pays $1/4Million in taxes. How many on unemployment does that cover? Not enough, and so the country goes even further into debt.

The only people in America that should be taking handouts are those that cannot be trained for any profitable position.

People have been warning the public sector for decades that living paycheck-to-paycheck was not a safe place to be. Did you save anything? Or just enough to buy an emergency pile of TP?

Math is hard... :bhead

(Image removed from quote.)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 07:55:28 PM by usvi »
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 08:07:43 PM »
I don't think this idea really goes far enough.

I was hoping Hitech would consider paying me to fly.

My normal contract rate is $70/hr, but given the decades fun he has provided us, I'd be willing to to lower that substantially.  Perhaps even to $68/hr.

I have hours available.  Contact me on Linked-In if you're interested Hitech.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 08:16:09 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2020, 08:16:09 PM »

it's not free money, it's a loan on future taxes.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2020, 08:31:17 PM »
Ive been told to take vacation through next week so I have some time to spend here.