Author Topic: Minimums, Maximums, and Commitments  (Read 591 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Minimums, Maximums, and Commitments
« on: March 15, 2020, 09:19:08 PM »
<S> FSO Community,

This is a message for all, especially CO's and potential CiC's. It is imperative that we are diligent with our commitment levels. It is certainly understandable to be up a few or down a few from week to week. But, if you continuously have more than your maximum commitment, please update your information to reflect this change.

Minimums and maximums MUST be followed. They are not guidelines nor are they requests, they are FIRM. The reason is a bit complex. The designers design events without dry runs, we cannot test the setup to see if it will work or not. We use our historical knowledge, our knowledge of the game, and our personal experience to design an event that will be enjoyable for all, balanced, and interesting. Sometimes, we do really well and other times we miss the mark. But, with every design something is learned. A major part of designing an event and balancing it is maximum and minimum numbers of aircraft. For example, Bf 110C and Bf 109E are fine against Spit 1  and Hurr 1, as long as there are not loads of Bf 110C's. If there are but a few 110's, the event will go over pretty well. We have lost some numbers over the past few years, but we seem to be having an influx over the past few months. This is wonderful news to everyone involved. However, we must still follow the maximums and minimums or we lose our balanced event.

When you are CiC, please make it VERY clear what allotments are given to squadrons. If you want a squadron to have 6 P-51Ds, put that in writing. Squadron CO's, if you are given 6 P-51D's, do not take 7 or 8, take 6. With our low numbers even 1 or 2 aircraft over maximum can alter the outcome of a specific skirmish which in turn can alter the outcome of the frame. So please, make absolutely sure that you understand your assignment and CiC's make sure you are extremely clear with your assignments. This is nothing new, I just wanted to remind all that we operate on a delicate wire these days and what may seem like small infractions can have enormous implications.

The Axis went over their 109F allotment by 8 last week and will be docked 16 points.

Thank you for your understanding and please do not hesitate to ask questions or voice concerns.

:salute
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Re: Minimums, Maximums, and Commitments
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 08:26:18 AM »

When you are CiC, please make it VERY clear what allotments are given to squadrons. If you want a squadron to have 6 P-51Ds, put that in writing. Squadron CO's, if you are given 6 P-51D's, do not take 7 or 8, take 6.

Leave nothing to interpretation... it starts with the clarity of the orders and after that it is up to the COs to adhere to same.

SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 06:16:31 PM »
<S> FSO Community,

This is a message for all, especially CO's and potential CiC's. It is imperative that we are diligent with our commitment levels. It is certainly understandable to be up a few or down a few from week to week. But, if you continuously have more than your maximum commitment, please update your information to reflect this change.

If for some reason you are low or high in numbers that week, check with the other squads. I'm sure they can pull or plug in pilots somewhere.

Destiny brought you here, now FATE will deal with your six!

Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 08:08:35 AM »
Just wanted to bump this quickly. In Frame 3 of March FSO we had 160 people. I am very pleased that in these trying times, people are finding some fun playing our wonderful event.

With that said - due to the influx, I am asking COs/officers to review their numbers and update accordingly if you can. If you can ask around and see who expects to be at FSO in your squad and adjust commitments, please do. The CM team and the event design itself relies on these numbers for our side splits.

A big :salute to everyone who continues to make FSO great.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline weiser

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 04:57:53 PM »

I increased my numbers this week because I have had solid numbers last month, I was over in frame 3 but as I've said before I have limited control
who will be there and when. I will never turn away a squaddie even if I go over my committed number, but will adjust for the next scenario like I did
for April.
  <S>
weiser
co/162ndFG"Purple*Hearts"
success doesn't always mean fun
but having fun is always successful