Author Topic: Covid19 Paranoia  (Read 10824 times)

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
Re: Covid19 Paranoia
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2020, 06:49:25 PM »
I suspect they fudged up and being communist, had to carry on fudging up to protect the party image. If this is true and not an unknown virus came out of the wild by accident, every country affected has grounds to demand compensation.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200214144447/https:/www.researchgate.net/publication/339070128_The_possible_origins_of_2019-nCoV_coronavirus

Ya!! Damn them commies for all them cover-ups. We know that cause our powerful folks always tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  :rolleyes:
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2020, 06:58:38 PM »
Ya!! Damn them commies for all them cover-ups. We know that cause our powerful folks always tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  :rolleyes:

Your point is the Chinese communist party is more reliable? 

Do you get your news from CNN?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2020, 07:00:34 PM »
Right now I have other desires with the gun fund. Tack solution barrel and compensator for my buckmark and a s&w 686-2 6" just because the trigger gets me excited when I shoot.

The 6" 686 with .38 wadcutters is a pure joy to shoot.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2020, 07:00:47 PM »
If you were Xi, and a communist, with our knowledge of communists and big boo boos. Would you admit your country made a boo boo that even the world court would throw the book at you over?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2020, 07:23:47 PM »
With all due respect HiTech, this statement is way beneath a man of your intelligence. Admittedly a large number of people die everyday; we're all going to fly west at some point.
There's an unseen serial killer taking lives on a global scale. It took 4 years of WW2 to take approximately 415,000 American lives. This war against a microbe has the potential to kill at a far faster rate. All people, not just Americans have to take this fight seriously.

My point is not to down play it,simply to point out the absurdity of death count comparisons.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2020, 07:29:23 PM »
Your point is the Chinese communist party is more reliable? 

Do you get your news from CNN?

No Sir, my point is that the drivel that emanates from all the various thrones around this world is questionable at the very best. Those people most capable of leading do not want the job.

Who cares what any of them said? This world is in danger; not from political ideological differences but from an unseen attacker that cares not whether you speak English German or Cantonese. The talking head narcissists will spin this issue in any way that makes them look good while Scientists, Doctors and Immunologists work to find a solution. Of course, when this passes and I pray it does pass, those talking heads be happy to take credit for their management of the situation; all while finding blame to re-establish the divisions among us that serve them so well.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2020, 07:34:36 PM »
The world is in danger from ignorant folks. Cooler heads will prevail. Most folks, even if they get it, will have little problem. Some will require hospitalization, some will die. It has happened many times before.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2020, 07:45:45 PM »
Speaking of ignorance....some idiot goes into a gas station and sticks his head under the plexiglass "curtain" that was put there to protect the cashier so he can get a closer look at the scratch off tickets in the counter that he buys with a credit card. Someone else in the store asked why in the hell do you have your head under the window when you arent even supposed to be that close, which the reply was "its none of your business what I do"

Also the walmart here is starting tomorrow to only allow 5 people in the store per 1000 sq ft. So This store can only have 50 shoppers in at a time, everyone else has to queue outside and wait their turn
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2020, 07:59:59 PM »
No Sir, my point is that the drivel that emanates from all the various thrones around this world is questionable at the very best. Those people most capable of leading do not want the job.

Who cares what any of them said? This world is in danger; not from political ideological differences but from an unseen attacker that cares not whether you speak English German or Cantonese. The talking head narcissists will spin this issue in any way that makes them look good while Scientists, Doctors and Immunologists work to find a solution. Of course, when this passes and I pray it does pass, those talking heads be happy to take credit for their management of the situation; all while finding blame to re-establish the divisions among us that serve them so well.

Why trust scientists and doctors?  They don't all agree, which ones do you believe and what makes you pick the ones you choose? Where do our opinions come from? What do we base our judgments on?

We are fortunate today that we can see original videos of speeches and events and documents that we can compare and contrast to the media reports. Then it becomes clear who is reporting honestly and who isn't.

I think a repressive society that denies what we recognize as basic human rights is fundamentally different and less trustworthy and that censorship and lying is different than putting a positive spin on accurate news.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2020, 08:17:49 PM »
I see you're prepared to keep the servers running.  :D

:rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2020, 08:34:20 PM »
Why trust scientists and doctors?  They don't all agree, which ones do you believe and what makes you pick the ones you choose? Where do our opinions come from? What do we base our judgments on?

We are fortunate today that we can see original videos of speeches and events and documents that we can compare and contrast to the media reports. Then it becomes clear who is reporting honestly and who isn't.

I think a repressive society that denies what we recognize as basic human rights is fundamentally different and less trustworthy and that censorship and lying is different than putting a positive spin on accurate news.

Well Sir, you are free to believe who you wish and for whatever it does for you, blame who you wish.

To draw a parallel, albeit a microcosm of crisis by comparison to this disease, it was a team of scientists, physicists, and aerospace engineers that brought Jim Lovell and his crew home. What does it matter whether they all agreed? Ultimately they worked together to achieve a solution. My opinion or beliefs as to their debates during the process couldn't be more irrelevant.

As to a "positive spin on accurate news", that will only occur for me when the proven vaccine is announced by the medical community and that vaccine is in widespread distribution.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2020, 08:45:11 PM »
Your example is that we should believe the people who produce verifiable results, which is my point.  :aok

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2020, 08:49:04 PM »
I have opinions about UK knife control.

One of the responses here to the current crises is letting criminals out of jail. There is also a trend to reform bail where criminals are caught and released immediately so the only penalty they see is a brief interruption in criminal activity.

If you have no violent crime in the UK that's awesome but we have a few people here who will hurt you to steal from you. Our constitution recognizes the right to have the means to stop them.

google london acid attacks

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2020, 09:00:59 PM »
Your example is that we should believe the people who produce verifiable results, which is my point.  :aok

Almost... whether I believe them or not, the results speak for themselves.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2020, 09:02:48 PM »
Also the walmart here is starting tomorrow to only allow 5 people in the store per 1000 sq ft. So This store can only have 50 shoppers in at a time, everyone else has to queue outside and wait their turn

Bread Lines Lite™
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!