Author Topic: Flight Stick Recommendation?  (Read 4299 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Re: Flight Stick Recommendation?
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2020, 08:38:37 AM »

the last new T16000 joy stick i got lasted 3 days

Too much thrusting?

Offline skillet83

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2020, 10:39:55 AM »
  I wanted to post an update. First of all, thank you to all that replied. I tried to purchase a VKB Gladiator Mk.II, but they were sold out. I entered my email, they said would let me know when available. I did order a T16000, suppose to be here on Thursday. After that, I received an email this morning from VKB stating the Mk.II was now available, so, I ordered that as well. I figured both would be an upgrade from the logitech. After spending on two now, wishing I had originally just ordered the Mk.III.
  Either way, I will try them both out and update this thread with my opinion. I have high hopes for the Mk.II. Thanks again to all who jumped in.
Skillet

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2020, 11:03:52 PM »
The gladiator mk2 isn't bad... but is lacking in buttons.

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2020, 02:05:05 AM »
if you can find one, Microsoft Sidewinders. gold dust. and they last 10+ years....
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2020, 06:27:50 AM »

<snip>

The TM Warthog is "ok", but I have 4 of the WH sticks and 3 throttles, and 3 of the 4 sticks have exhibited the common "sticktion" failure, and required disassembly, replacement of the "ring", and regreasing with a superior product than what they use at the TM factory.  While a PITA, it isn't costly, the ring "guy" is still sending out the replacement large o-rings (more of a teflon ring), and the grease is cheap.

Could you please post website  or mail for the "ring guy", I have that problem with one of my Warthog's.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2020, 11:49:47 AM »
If you have the money, VKB Gunfighter 3 Stick base is fantastic, especially with an extension (a 20 cm curved extension comes with "Pro" or "Premium" options).

How do you have that mounted, you use the VKB mount?

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2020, 12:43:10 PM »
I have the Virpil T50 base for my old Thrustmaster sticks. It's expensive but I'm very happy with it. I have it center mounted with a stick extension.

https://virpil.com/en/

I also use a throttle and rudder pedals.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2020, 09:38:06 PM »
Could you please post website  or mail for the "ring guy", I have that problem with one of my Warthog's.

PM incoming.

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2020, 10:46:17 PM »
I have the Virpil T50 base for my old Thrustmaster sticks. It's expensive but I'm very happy with it. I have it center mounted with a stick extension.

https://virpil.com/en/

I also use a throttle and rudder pedals.
Second try. Was it hard to integrate the warthog stick?
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2020, 02:59:03 PM »

I use the WH stick on both the Warbrd and both the T50/T50CM2 Virpil bases.  Sometimes you have to remove the two little screws that hold the plug in place on the Virpil bases, in order to get the WH stick to fit fully flush with it.  Virpil recommends you remove these screws to use WH sticks, but I haven't had to on my bases so far yet.

So far as software/compatibility, it works fine.  The software can be a bit daunting at first, but it's come a LONG way since their first base/sticks came out, and there are tons of help videos available. 

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2020, 03:43:52 PM »

It's plug and play, no issues. It's the base Thrustmaster should have made for the Cougar and Warthog but never did and likely never will.

Offline noman

• Copper Member
      • http://yahoo.com
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2020, 04:41:01 PM »
  I wanted to post an update. First of all, thank you to all that replied. I tried to purchase a VKB Gladiator Mk.II, but they were sold out. I entered my email, they said would let me know when available. I did order a T16000, suppose to be here on Thursday. After that, I received an email this morning from VKB stating the Mk.II was now available, so, I ordered that as well. I figured both would be an upgrade from the logitech. After spending on two now, wishing I had originally just ordered the Mk.III.
  Either way, I will try them both out and update this thread with my opinion. I have high hopes for the Mk.II. Thanks again to all who jumped in.
Skillet
What was the lead time on delivery of the VKB stick?
Quote by Delirium:
Frankly, I'd rather be a fluffer at a gay porcupine film company than be a CM.
God bless the CMs for putting up with this community.
Sic Pups        MA
412th FNVG   FSO

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2020, 04:50:39 PM »
I've been able to get them sent to me on the east coast US from China in about 5 days. Usually 1-2 of those are in customs too. The trick is-- if it's in stock. It seems it's a lot easier for them to ship here than anywhere in Europe. That seems to be a cluster on the smallest of orders.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline noman

• Copper Member
      • http://yahoo.com
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2020, 05:01:03 PM »
I've been able to get them sent to me on the east coast US from China in about 5 days. Usually 1-2 of those are in customs too. The trick is-- if it's in stock. It seems it's a lot easier for them to ship here than anywhere in Europe. That seems to be a cluster on the smallest of orders.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Thanks Drano It doesn't say it's not in stock but it is letting me put it in the cart and gonna let me pay so I am assuming it is in stock.
Quote by Delirium:
Frankly, I'd rather be a fluffer at a gay porcupine film company than be a CM.
God bless the CMs for putting up with this community.
Sic Pups        MA
412th FNVG   FSO

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2020, 09:17:50 PM »
Been using the same  Saitek x52 and pedals since day one. The stick squeaks and the pedals sometimes come off track but other than that its perfect.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA