Author Topic: Foul language  (Read 4230 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Foul language
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2020, 03:54:04 PM »
Yea Shuffler, I am sure the population of Aces High is down because of potty mouths  :aok

Ever little bit hurts or helps.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2020, 03:56:09 PM »
And you're CM staff? Hitech is slumming.....If you have to cuss, go find a game that teens with filthy language habitate. Get out of a game that intelligent adults play.

I am not CM staff. I agree with those who believe folks should watch their language in game. Kids are in here.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2020, 03:59:29 PM »
Sunday evening about 9:30 I have a player call me and want's to complain about moderates because he just received the result of a 2 week mute by being reported.

Before I could begin to discuss the situation he threatens that he will then simply put something in is squad name complaining about the moderators. I don't think I have ever been so angry at a customer on the phone in the last 20 years. Because.

1. Its late Sunday, I'm enjoying a scotch watching TV.
2. I'm nice enough to answer the company phone in case a player cant get in for some reason (normally forgotten login).
3. Suddenly I have a player swearing at me on the phone.
3. I now have to go up stairs to my office and search the logs, find the reports and hence the player id.
4. Find all the entries I need to block him.
5. Go into the arena and type .eject

30 mins later he calls back  :rolleyes: by this time I am calm and get to play the extremely over polite person on the phone.

HiTech

Babysitting is a pain.

:salute

:aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2020, 04:08:25 PM »
Get out of a game that intelligent adults play.
Have you seen the O'Club?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2020, 04:10:47 PM »
I see the F bomb I report it, I hear the F bomb I report it.
 :mad:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2020, 04:18:46 PM »
And you're CM staff? Hitech is slumming.....If you have to cuss, go find a game that teens with filthy language habitate. Get out of a game that intelligent adults play.

If most people in the MA swear about everything and people who swear are not intelligent, how then is the MA a salon full of intelligence to which I should abstain?

"inhabit" is the word you were looking for.

Still, I think you miss my point Copprhead as I am not defending the poopy mouths but rather am criticizing those who have no cladding. Those who come here and complain about grown men who like war and cursing are petty, simple as that. It is embarrassing, especially when there is an ingenious tool at your disposal (.squelch and .report). We also have a developer that is willing to take customer service calls on weekend nights about seemingly anything. You have plenty of tools, is my point, use them instead of coming here to crusade for your morality and how much taller your horse is.

Like Private Gump, that is all I have to say about that.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 04:21:07 PM by perdue3 »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2020, 05:00:51 PM »
Sunday evening about 9:30 I have a player call me and want's to complain about moderates because he just received the result of a 2 week mute by being reported.

Before I could begin to discuss the situation he threatens that he will then simply put something in is squad name complaining about the moderators. I don't think I have ever been so angry at a customer on the phone in the last 20 years. Because.

1. Its late Sunday, I'm enjoying a scotch watching TV.
2. I'm nice enough to answer the company phone in case a player cant get in for some reason (normally forgotten login).
3. Suddenly I have a player swearing at me on the phone.
3. I now have to go up stairs to my office and search the logs, find the reports and hence the player id.
4. Find all the entries I need to block him.
5. Go into the arena and type .eject

30 mins later he calls back  :rolleyes: by this time I am calm and get to play the extremely over polite person on the phone.

HiTech

Above and beyond HiTech. :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Trev95

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2020, 05:14:09 PM »
I am usually pretty good about keeping my lid on.  Never thought of people playing with family in the room, I will try to be a little more mindful in the future on my part.   Good thread. <S>
FBTrev95/Riftval
Riftvals Bombers

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2020, 06:05:31 PM »
Shuffler, I don't know how I quoted you, I was trying to quote purdue3, Perdweeb, who is CM staff. I'm sorry, but there shouldn't be any official tolerance. Yes there should be allowed the occasional word or two, with the F word being verboten at all times.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2020, 07:57:49 PM »
Also please consider the cuss word itself.  Its constant overuse negates its power.   :old:
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2020, 08:51:58 PM »
I am usually pretty good about keeping my lid on.  Never thought of people playing with family in the room, I will try to be a little more mindful in the future on my part.   Good thread. <S>

Best post in this thread.  Thanks, Trev.

- oldman

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2020, 09:13:34 PM »
Also please consider the cuss word itself.  Its constant overuse negates its power.   :old:

Beetlejuice ...

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2020, 10:10:06 PM »
Shuffler, I don't know how I quoted you, I was trying to quote purdue3, Perdweeb, who is CM staff. I'm sorry, but there shouldn't be any official tolerance. Yes there should be allowed the occasional word or two, with the F word being verboten at all times.

I snickered a bit as I knew you hit the wrong one.   :D:salute
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2020, 02:21:56 AM »
I see the F bomb I report it, I hear the F bomb I report it.
 :mad:
SAME! this is almost as prevalent occurrence of the"Why you Ho me, thats impossible, "Obvious cheater", Dbag picker...I could go on. For some folk it seems, their LOVE of the game and their  BS out front....makes me wonder about their commitment to this game. Breaks my heart!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2020, 03:10:28 AM »
In the words of Billy Connelly

“A lot of people say it’s a lack of vocabulary that makes you swear. Rubbish. I know thousands of words but I still prefer f$£^”

:banana:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho