Author Topic: R/C Typhoon  (Read 3137 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
Re: R/C Typhoon
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2021, 01:00:59 PM »
https://youtu.be/FbJvZLHx7-M

That is what I thought too until I saw this a few years back.

That is impressive. :cheers: :aok

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2021, 02:02:38 AM »
Thanks for the video, that is impressive but David's not going to be able to go with a gearbox and a scale flying propeller now. Apart from the extra work this would require the Typhoon is very close to the 15 Kg maximum weight limit for the competition class and he's having to count every gram to keep it under. Also the way the rules are written it would not gain him any marks.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2021, 11:46:35 AM »
I get it. Not a criticism. I was unaware that such gearboxes on big radials exist. Please continue to share pics!
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2022, 08:29:16 AM »
Thought I'd just post a few progress photos of my brother's R/C Typhoon as the camo scheme has now been applied. The aircraft chosen is RB205, flown by Wing Commander Frank George Grant until it was destroyed on the ground during Operation Bodenplatte. Grant lead the RCAF's 143 Wing from February 1943 until the end of the war. This aircraft was chosen as there are photos of it taken from several angles which is virtually unheard of for a late war Typhoon. Having reference photos taken from all sides improves the scale marks the model will receive in the competition.

There's a few things that still need to be painted like the exhaust stacks, the yellow on the scale propeller blades, the anti-slip paint and all the weathering. Also the bomb racks and cockpit interior and pilot have yet to be made.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 08:34:43 AM by Greebo »

Offline Marco

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2022, 09:35:43 AM »
Thought I'd just post a few progress photos of my brother's R/C Typhoon as the camo scheme has now been applied. The aircraft chosen is RB205, flown by Wing Commander Frank George Grant until it was destroyed on the ground during Operation Bodenplatte. Grant lead the RCAF's 143 Wing from February 1943 until the end of the war. This aircraft was chosen as there are photos of it taken from several angles which is virtually unheard of for a late war Typhoon. Having reference photos taken from all sides improves the scale marks the model will receive in the competition.

There's a few things that still need to be painted like the exhaust stacks, the yellow on the scale propeller blades, the anti-slip paint and all the weathering. Also the bomb racks and cockpit interior and pilot have yet to be made.

(Image removed from quote.)

My grandfather, who was a flyer in Aces High under the name SonnyTen, would be smiling seeing this. He loved building and flying these. Up North my father has my grandfathers P51 hanging in the left garage bay. It's a sight to see each time.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2022, 02:31:11 AM »
---Snip!---

Is that Tom Cruise you have modelled there? Seems scale for him!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.