Author Topic: CH STick and Throttle  (Read 552 times)

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
CH STick and Throttle
« on: April 11, 2020, 06:23:08 PM »
Hello,

Been trying to set up my stick and throttle for the first time in AH3 with (Win10 home) calibrate widget but it does not show all the hats and buttons, wondering if I should download the CH apps, I tried programing through AH3 which did work for a day then the system lost the mapping or it got conflicted /something not sure.

Thanks for any help

Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: CH STick and Throttle
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 06:56:59 PM »
This video will show you how to setup your stick for AH3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl1jBTx1HJA

Actually, there are three videos, but that one will get you started.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 06:57:43 PM »
I've been using the CH stuff for years.  It's been plug & play for me; I just set it up in Aces High and do not use the CH software.  I see Chalenge posted about the same time...looks like he has the detailed youtube  video.   :aok 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 07:00:01 PM by DaddyAce »

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 07:15:58 PM »
Thank you, watching right now.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 09:37:11 PM »
I made the videos to explain how to tame the tank barrels for my squad mates. I go into way too much detail, but that's not a bad thing, really. Anyway, the method I use is in agreement with the way HTC setup the stick modes, so that should be a big help. I know I still see people that have been flying for years that don't understand the relationship, because let's face it us guys just jump in and play without reading any directions of asking for help. It's what we do.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 09:11:14 AM »
Got the stick and throttle programed and working, I did have to select the default map first then re-program the buttons/hats, not sure why, had an older version on CH manager   
    installed that I had forgot about, I just deleted that and did everything through AH3 options menu, PC is new but hard drive is old with upgrade Win10 on it.

Cannot find my rudder pedals so I just programed the mini stick on the throttle for that, kind of wonky but it works, also this CH gear is long in the tooth and fighter stick spring tension is low, may have to address that.

Anyways have watched Drano's Twitch stream a few times, looks like there is still fun to be had here, thanks for the help.