Author Topic: What are the numbers these days?  (Read 2320 times)

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
Re: What are the numbers these days?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2020, 11:01:39 AM »
. That is what is missing. The use of missions, coordinated attacks with fighter sweeps, faints,

Post the mission and Im in. Ill even switch

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: What are the numbers these days?
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2020, 12:45:21 PM »
And I find this is one of the biggest problems with the game, pick and run.

Most new players are not going to be patient enough to fly that style (and to me its one of the most boring aspects of the game) and so are going to be those few turning and burning on the deck. After getting picked 20-30 times in an hour most are going to quit in frustration. Whether they return or not is something else that we need to think about.

Personally, I could fly jets and do the pick and run all month with out an issue other than it is only one facet of the game and as stated before boring as hell. I tend to be one of the guys on the deck even tho it seems my planes have the bigger targets on them for some reason or another. There are so many other facet of the game that are now ignored in favor of the quick smash and grab, or all out do anything for a kill count. That is what is missing. The use of missions, coordinated attacks with fighter sweeps, faints, GVs attacks and bomber groups working together...... you know, kinda like a war would have.

A newb can "help" and feel part of the team even if he is getting shot down each flight when he works in a coordinated group. And I dont mean "everyone grab a hvy fighter and roll NOE from Axxx!"If a newb gets in only 2 or 3 missions in that same hour is he going to have more fun? Maybe, but his frustration level will be much lower and so he is more likely to stay. The game play in the MA has been boiled down to the worst common denominator. The depth and scope of this game is being replaced with the "WOW" type of crap play.
Well, I don't like dying as I'm sure anyone doesn't. I feel like I'm trying to do my part by flying on the low numbers side, but I'm not going to be a lamb to the slaughter either. Low numbers side gets cheap perk rides and high perk multiplier, why shouldn't I take advantage of that?

Sadly what we can't do anymore is PM a guy who is struggling. For example, that same night we ran across a guy flying a Spit 1 around - couldn't PM him cross-country so ended up PMing a friend on the Bishop side just to try and reach out to the guy. We looked up his stats and he had kills in other aircraft like the Spit 16, but who knows if he knows the difference.

Maybe for newer accounts we could get some of the 'better' planes to have some sort of 'recommended' status? Aircraft like the P-51, Spit 16, La 7. As much as I'd hate to see more of these planes, it is better than a new guy getting frustrated because he is completely clueless of the differences.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com