Author Topic: New TE feature required.  (Read 471 times)

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
New TE feature required.
« on: February 24, 2001, 01:13:00 PM »
Since I will be completing my Burma terrain this weekend, I started working on a Russian Terrain that includes all of the Black Sea (And a lot of the Caucasus (sp?) Which is some very cool terrain), and it includes Stalingrad and Kursk (In terms of battles, for tank drivers ;-) .

Having started this map, I noticed that if I was to put the water at 'sea level' alt, all the rivers turn into canyons and beaches turn into cliffs. So, what the AH terrain editor requires is a 'Sea Level' input indicator so that boats can be used on terrains such as this. Otherwise, they become submarines (Try it you'll see what I mean).

Therefore, this current Russian map won't include boats, but it would have been pretty cool to have CV groups on the Black Sea  

I will build two versions of the Russian map.
One version will have three countries with the entire AH planeset available. The other will be for those who don't want to bother with arena set-ups, and will have the third country to the south disbaled. It will have the Germans in the west and the Russians in the east with as historical a planeset as possible. For this to work though, the Russians will be flying lend lease B-26's (I know it's a poor substitute for a Tu-2) until the receive a dedicated Bomber in AH.

But back to the main point, HTC, please provide a 'Sea Level' value to be set in the TE so that we can easily use the water tile check for terrains such as this and to be able to use boats on terrains that don't have sea level water.

Edit: also, does any one have good links to airfield locations on the eastern front? The World War Two atlas I have for reference has good airfield locations for all the theatres of battle except this. Thanks.

------------------
Sundog
VMF-111 Devildogs
MAG-33

'Criticism is always easier than craftmanship.'

[This message has been edited by Sundog (edited 02-24-2001).]

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
New TE feature required.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2001, 03:48:00 PM »
Sundog

I have a solution but it will be annoying.

If you set the IncAlt to negative xxxx (xxx= the alt of your water now) and select sections of your map with your mouse, hold right shift and right click mouse.  

The section you selected will all drop in alt at the same amount.

Now your water now will be at 0 alt and the surrounding selected land areas will drop by the amount that your water did.

Being able to do the entire map is the annoying part.

Pokie

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
New TE feature required.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2001, 04:07:00 PM »
CC on that procedure Pokie. I just thought it would be 'easier' to redefine the water level. Plus, by redefining the water level,
we still maintain density altitude in AH.

SD