Author Topic: TE: Placing Base error?  (Read 494 times)

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
TE: Placing Base error?
« on: December 16, 2000, 05:46:00 PM »
I have been thinking about some of the `placing' airfield problems some people have been having, and based on a mistake I have made in the past, wondered of others might accidently be doing the same.

The mistake I am referring to, is starting a new map and adding bases by just using the existing object groups for the bases. If you do this and make the first airfield you place airfield 1, remember it comes with a tower. So you must either delete that tower or the one used when you first started the TE. Otherwise, you will have two towers assigned to the same airfield. I'm not sure if that is the problem some of you are having, but you may want to check it out.

SD

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2000, 08:40:00 PM »
Thanks Sundog that's what I figured out today.  Deleted the original tower by doing it in the XXXX.oba file  using note pad.

Now I notice that may runways disappear when you shoot then.  I am using 1 of the prefab airfields.

Plus the build map button sometime doesn't build the map (only at 6k  for the .res file)

SOL (screaming out loud)

Pokie

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2000, 08:16:00 PM »
Found my problem with the airfield.

If you raise the altitude of the land after you had already placed an airfield then that is what seem to have screwed this up.

Went into the mymapname.oba file and set all the alt settings to the altitude of the base.

F01TWR0,      twr1,      -200.573,      ((((6.000))))),      -325.004, 0.0000, 0.0000, 0.0000,      3328,    0,    1,   -1.00,    -1.0,        -1,   0,    0,    0

the 6.000 is the alt of my airfield but it original was 0.000,   had to reset at the objects of the base to 6000.  I guess I could have deleted airfield and then made another one.

Pokie