Author Topic: 3 Hour Side Switch Timer  (Read 12990 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: 3 Hour Side Switch Timer
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2020, 07:32:08 AM »
A Furball lake which had a healthy population of human players who just wanted to practice free-form ACM without any regard to score.

:aok
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2020, 09:03:34 AM »
The way its set up is great, minus the cornhole  ai buffs pulling 3g's with turrets blaring.

Minus the 6 planes that come to gang you with unrealistic flight models including ww1 planes that ride your 6 the entire time almost impossible to shake.

A Furball lake which had a healthy population of human players who just wanted to practice free-form ACM without any regard to score.

Id make it over land though. The water is boring and not fun to fly over. Also messes with depth perception.

What precisely do you wish that is not provided in the match play?

HiTech

The DA and the fighter bowl should be separate. The fighter bowl should be its own individual map with just a fighter bowl arena. There should only be one side to avoid ganging. Include air spawns to avoid take off vulching.

The match play should be its own arena. Should allow you to pick teams. Also, the AI should only come 1 at a time in the fighter area. The dueling side is fine. But wth no directions, its kind of confusing for a new player. I also dislike that a third player can enter your duel at their own discretion and you can't do anything about it to avoid fighting them.

The whole thing is just too convoluted. 

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2020, 09:19:19 AM »
Training Arena.

...a healthy population of human players...

Why not reactivate the fields at the lake for a trial. That is separate from the MPA areas anyway. Maybe it would entice some of the old crowd back. Perfect need not obstruct perfectly good enough.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2020, 10:25:47 AM »
Minus the 6 planes that come to gang you with unrealistic flight models including ww1 planes that ride your 6 the entire time almost impossible to shake.

When was the last time you were in there?

Because  the AI are only in p51s, and they do not fly very well. Plus only 2 will ever attack you at one time?

The change was made  in February.

HiTech

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2020, 10:42:46 AM »

Because  the AI are only in p51s, and they do not fly very well. Plus only 2 will ever attack you at one time?

The change was made  in February.

HiTech

Oh, its been about 5 months or so. Did not know that...

Thanks
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2020, 11:48:42 AM »

I like the match setup - a decided improvement over the old DA but the AI isn't anything approaching the fun or engagement of interacting with humans and it's unclear who it is meant to serve. Vets don't tend to stick around long because it's narrow & repetitive and noobs get a fake idea of what the flight model / real ACM is.

Presumably A1, 2 & 3 are just disabled airfields in the arena settings?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2020, 01:43:53 PM »

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2020, 02:17:52 PM »
Such a precise answer.

I assume you simply mean you wish me to turn off the AI? Because I assume most people who play AH are healthy.

HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2020, 02:30:52 PM »
Vets don't tend to stick around long because it's narrow & repetitive and noobs get a fake idea of what the flight model / real ACM is.

Perhaps you should open a paid account.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 03:35:14 PM by Arlo »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2020, 03:40:21 PM »
It's difficult to be precise, especially articulating it well. The furball lake, the canyon fights, the fluidity of how we could re-up and take off, swap fields etc.
The old DA map and set up had it's charms, and I loved it over the TA for training people. Less rigid, less formal and more relaxed.

Perhaps the old DA could re-open as it's own separate entity. This would allow Matchplay for such players with health issues to have AI, potentially satisfying all parties?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2020, 04:46:55 PM »
I assume you simply mean you wish me to turn off the AI? Because I assume most people who play AH are healthy.

Who is being addressed is becoming vague so forgive if I answer unsolicited. For expedience I think you could just leave the AI at PT Corner and the duelling queues as is and simply reopen airfields A1, A2 and A3 as they used to be (with the caveat that the old DA was a paid arena).

It's just a proposition to try it for a trial period. Arguably more interest in ACM & practical training was initiated at the lake than any other location.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2020, 03:09:02 AM »
Hmmm more "relaxed" than the training arena?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2020, 10:00:48 AM »
What precisely do you wish that is not provided in the match play?

HiTech

If 3 of my friends and I want to have a classic 4v4 with another group of 4, can we do that? It is my understanding that to fly you have to click the queue "4v4" which would then place you in random teams of 4 in whatever airplane you choose. So we can have Emils v P-51s. It should be able to be customized so that we can set teams and require certain aircraft.

If what I have explained is already a feature, ignore. I just have not figured out how to do it.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2020, 10:04:14 AM »
If 3 of my friends and I want to have a classic 4v4 with another group of 4, can we do that? It is my understanding that to fly you have to click the queue "4v4" which would then place you in random teams of 4 in whatever airplane you choose. So we can have Emils v P-51s. It should be able to be customized so that we can set teams and require certain aircraft.

If what I have explained is already a feature, ignore. I just have not figured out how to do it.

Custom arena?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2020, 10:12:53 AM »
Custom arena?

Wiley.
It seems like a lot to go through just to have a few quick fights...especially when there was an arena that pretty much everyone was accustomed to.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com