Author Topic: auto rudder when on the ground?  (Read 2195 times)

Offline faminz

• Copper Member
Re: auto rudder when on the ground?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 03:57:58 PM »
deleted settings folder and restarted but the rudders and joystick are still co-ordinated.

Ill post the settings folder to the bug forum as suggested, Thanks.. Thought we had it there for a bit!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 06:08:01 AM »
Get us that "settings" folder and it will only take a few seconds to figure out what is going on.  Thanks.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 07:35:37 AM »
Get us that "settings" folder and it will only take a few seconds to figure out what is going on.  Thanks.

Good Morning Skuzzy,

faminz attached the file to his post in the Bug Report forum:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,391181.0.html

direct link url to his attached settings folder file:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=391181.0;attach=29101

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Hotstuff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2020, 10:24:13 PM »
Is there a way to disable this auto-rudder feature? My stick broke but my pedals are still good! I'm back to using a mouse for now.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2020, 03:01:18 AM »
Basically it should be as simple as assigning the rudder to your pedals. I don't know if the mouse controlling system bypasses that.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Hotstuff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2020, 07:09:56 AM »
Basically it should be as simple as assigning the rudder to your pedals. I don't know if the mouse controlling system bypasses that.

You would think so. I didn't lose my rudder mapping. The toe brakes seem to work, but looking back when on the ground, the rudder doesn't move at all with the pedals. Sure does with the mouse, even though I only have mouse to control aileron. I tried a take-off with full left rudder pedal and as soon as I get off the ground it sure gets real squirrely!

So the rudder pedals work like normal in the air, it's just really counter-intuitive when on the ground, and as far as I can tell, there is no preference to get rid of this.