Author Topic: Fun with Aces High lll Video  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Fun with Aces High lll Video
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2020, 11:42:17 AM »
I see Jaxx streams.  I follow anyone who does in here that I know about.  It can't hurt getting people to learn about the game.  It is not an easy game, that is for certain.  I record all of my fights from it in a bit better quality than what I get with the AH films.  I was having trouble with the player crashing and only being able to save files as an AVI format which I have to convert to mp4 for me to edit.

I also can start and to streaming with hotkeys I assigned, when there is action and when there isn't.

I guess using Twitch to find players who are streaming is against the rules??  I am giving permission for anyone to find me on Twitch...just take a second and hit the follow button!   
To be honest I'm not sure if it is against the rules or not...

I have a scene set up to just display an image if I need to tab out or something. I have an image that goes over the map if necessary but I usually just keep map usage to a minimum. I also have an image that goes over the text buffer. I'm not particularly worried about 'stream snipers' for me because no one really watches my stream, but you never know when someone might pop in and think "Hey, this is a cool game, I'm gonna try it out" so that's why I do it.

It also is minimal effort to have the stream up on a 2nd monitor and someone tracks your every move. This is my worry, not so much when we're defending an objective in FSO, but one person could see my map of where our strike package is and then we get jumped a long way from target.

With that said, FSO is generally 30-45 mins of flight and 10 mins of action with some possible 2nd hour fights. Some people love it, some people hate it.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2020, 12:34:21 PM »
I am usually on in the evenings between 9-12 Central Time USA

I will try to tune in.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2020, 01:14:01 PM »
I see Jaxx streams.  I follow anyone who does in here that I know about.  It can't hurt getting people to learn about the game.  It is not an easy game, that is for certain.  I record all of my fights from it in a bit better quality than what I get with the AH films.  I was having trouble with the player crashing and only being able to save files as an AVI format which I have to convert to mp4 for me to edit.

I also can start and to streaming with hotkeys I assigned, when there is action and when there isn't.

I guess using Twitch to find players who are streaming is against the rules??  I am giving permission for anyone to find me on Twitch...just take a second and hit the follow button!

I just followed you on Twitch. I may actually stream for the first time in about 2 years tonight just for the check of it.
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2020, 07:01:38 PM »
I'm thinking it's generational or something. I have step-sons around your age that watch channels of other kids their age (or younger) playing online games, cussing, making Bevis and Butthead noises and acting like fools. They find that 'entertaining.' Apparently more worth their time than sharing in the chores or (pre-Covid social separation) engaging in face-to-face social functions that might lead to, I dunno, a girlfriend.

They would say the same thing about you finding reading, "entertaining." Everyone has their own ways of enjoying passing time, no need to judge, yea?
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2020, 07:09:39 PM »
They would say the same thing about you finding reading, "entertaining." Everyone has their own ways of enjoying passing time, no need to judge, yea?

When this pandemic lock-down is over and my 21 and 29 years old step-sons move out, pay all their own bills and grow up I'll 'be less judgmental.'

Offline ULPink

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2020, 07:47:01 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

When this pandemic lock-down is over and my 21 and 29 years old step-sons move out, pay all their own bills and grow up I'll 'be less judgmental.'

There's hope, Arlo!
Check Six!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2020, 08:04:13 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

You have a 29 y/o living with you? Ooph. Next time there is a pandemic I'll hit you up.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com