Author Topic: Question about Guns  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: Question about Guns
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2020, 05:44:53 PM »
There are so many things to take into account.

Like dispersion... "I lit you up" - hits were spread across the airframe with no single point of concentration
Or guns... "I lit you up with 20mm" - or 303? Dual calibre setups have quite different ballistics. So hits maybe 303 (or .50) with the 20mm dropping under
Or convergence... "I lit you up with 6 50's" - no you hit me with 3 or 2 and the rest missed me. Don't assume that because you hit me with 1 gun all 6 got me. Often exaggerated when shooting at small aircraft inside or outside convergence (there are some jug pilots, particularly the 56th guys, who absolutely nail they convergence - and when they do it shreds you)

...and some days you just have a sucky day.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2020, 05:57:24 PM »
I always thought if the pilot was killed, we would see his/her plane simply fall to the ground.

Coogan

Now it does (didn't used to). But you still see an 'explosion' of sorts and the icon disappears, as well.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2020, 06:08:07 PM »
Hang on... Wait just one damned second here.... How dare you all tell me it is all about my ability.... That is what you are saying isn't it.... There is no way I suck that bad.... no matter how much you say it... it must be the game...Has to be the game...dosen't it ??? !!!! :old: :joystick:

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2020, 07:12:58 PM »
Solar flares.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2020, 07:14:50 PM »
Solar flares.

Yak-3 is known to create a world of solar flares.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline ULPink

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2020, 09:44:55 AM »
Hang on... Wait just one damned second here.... How dare you all tell me it is all about my ability.... That is what you are saying isn't it.... There is no way I suck that bad.... no matter how much you say it... it must be the game...Has to be the game...dosen't it ??? !!!! :old: :joystick:

Thanks, Tongs, you're right, it must just be me!
Check Six!

Offline LNG15

• Nickel Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2020, 10:15:59 AM »
Does anyone feel like guns are more effective one day than the next?  Some day I hit a plane and it explodes, the next day I hit the same plane and it is like the bullets bounce off.  Is this part of the game or on my side?

Thanks!
Mindy I have had those moments happen to me so much. I have a friend who use to play, his name was Odee. Everytime I flew with him on my wing and I hit stuff it seemed the plane I shot at kept flying. What you are experiencing are called Rubber Bullets or what I call them "Odee Bullets" XD
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2020, 10:16:03 AM »