Author Topic: China?  (Read 14740 times)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: China?
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2020, 12:00:49 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

False logic. We don't want the governments of other nations telling us how to live our lives. Their nations, like China, aren't as powerful as the US for a reason. Their people don't have the earning opportunity like they do in America. Why would we want to be like them? Our country wasn't founded to be like them.

Lol, bring manufacturing back to the US.  Who's gonna do it?  Plenty of positions available already.  I work in a mold making shop and it is almost impossible to find people willing to work in the skilled trades.  That is a problem throughout the entire industry.

P.S. I'd rather be fishing too. But with snow and 30mph winds in the weekend forecast, in May!, I think I'll take a pass this week.  :old:

Schools don't teach trades anymore. They teach the pythagorean theory and complex calculus, along with fiction novel book reports. Their only objective is to put kids in college. If you can't go to college, too bad. There is no welding in high school, there is no auto shops, there is no (how does business really work), there is no wood working shops, there is no outdoors classes, there is no molding or fabrication classes, there is no machinery classes, they don't make the kids learn cooking every year. Its all just a giant feeder for college so they can put kids in debt and take advantage of them for another 4 years while they aren't earning a living.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 12:03:06 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2020, 01:08:22 PM »
Then I will ask you again.... who is going to order the process to start. There is no inherent philanthropy in a free market economy.

Exactly... there is no mandatory philanthropy in a free market economy... with the exception (of course) of all the mandatory
taxes levied by the Fed, State, Local, etc. governments... AND I am omitting the constant borrowing and subsequent debt

:salute
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2020, 01:12:52 PM »

So Arlo, what is wrong with putting OUR country first?
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2020, 01:27:46 PM »
So Arlo, what is wrong with putting OUR country first?

Nationalism is never really about 'putting our country first.' Nationalism has always been about scapegoating/blaming elements within society that politically threaten one's ideology with such scapegoating involving prejudice, greed, corruption and persecution. Any student of history or politics clearly sees this. It's waving a flag to stir up the masses for a false cause while claiming righteousness. WWII was won by globalization, not nationalization.

There was a nationalistic movement prior to WWII that modeled itself after Hitler's Nazi party. I'm sure they all saw themselves as 'patriots.'
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 01:39:51 PM by Arlo »

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2020, 01:52:39 PM »
Nationalism is never really about 'putting our country first.' Nationalism has always been about scapegoating/blaming elements within society that politically threaten one's ideology with such scapegoating involving prejudice, greed, corruption and persecution. Any student of history or politics clearly sees this. It's waving a flag to stir up the masses for a false cause while claiming righteousness. WWII was won by globalization, not nationalization.

There was a nationalistic movement prior to WWII that modeled itself after Hitler's Nazi party. I'm sure they all saw themselves as 'patriots.'

False. The entire communist/fascist/Islamic movement is about world domination and control. Its all controlled by the same societies with the same goals. The puppet Hitler funded by the founder of IBM for example was not a nationalist, unless you consider taking over all of Europe and Russia as a national state. If the whole world is one state, wouldn't you consider that a national state? Globalism is designed to destroy individual cultures and hundreds/thousands of years traditions to form into one cultural identity. Conservativism wants their own society to be prosperous thru zone economics and fair trade which is why they ended slavery in the Civil War.  It's preposterous to say globalism won WW2 when the Nazis and communist were globalist. America won the war with the help of Allies. If America was not a strong individual nation rich off of private capitalism and individualism, we never would have won and all of Europe would be Nazi. Then Project Paper Clip and MKultra allowed Nazis to infilitrate America and look what has happened since then. A degraded society hooked on drugs with a rank 30 in education. Now that the EU and UN have been infiltrated by these societies, you can see the downfall of many countries in Europe (the real reason britian left the EU). No need for a war now when you can convince the people to psychologically to submit.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 01:57:23 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2020, 02:14:12 PM »
Name something we depend upon that we cannot make here.

Judging by the posts "Economists"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2020, 02:25:21 PM »
False. The entire communist/fascist/Islamic movement is about world domination and control. Its all controlled by the same societies with the same goals. The puppet Hitler funded by the founder of IBM for example was not a nationalist, unless you consider taking over all of Europe and Russia as a national state. If the whole world is one state, wouldn't you consider that a national state? Globalism is designed to destroy individual cultures and hundreds/thousands of years traditions to form into one cultural identity. Conservativism wants their own society to be prosperous thru zone economics and fair trade which is why they ended slavery in the Civil War.  It's preposterous to say globalism won WW2 when the Nazis and communist were globalist. RUSSIA won the war with the help of Allies. If America was not a strong individual nation rich off of private capitalism and individualism, we never would have won and all of Europe would be Nazi. Then Project Paper Clip and MKultra allowed Nazis to infilitrate America and look what has happened since then. A degraded society hooked on drugs with a rank 30 in education. Now that the EU and UN have been infiltrated by these societies, you can see the downfall of many countries in Europe (the real reason britian left the EU). No need for a war now when you can convince the people to psychologically to submit.

Fixed it for you

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2020, 03:09:17 PM »

While there were Allies and Axis, we all still held to our country of origin (nationality). Americans were Americans, British were British, etc.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2020, 03:19:53 PM »
You don't have to lower wages. Lower taxes and regulations and incentivize business to build and manufacture here. The zone economy does not benefit with outsourced labor. That is what you are seeing in high taxed, highly regulated San Francisco with the highest level of homelessness. There is so much inequality as you call it because the middle class jobs were shipped to China while the administration jobs are in California. You need about 30  manufacturing jobs for every administrator. See how that works? Then they tell us how unfair America is while go build up a economy for a regime that treats its people like cattle. The hypocrisy is an outrage. We built standards here for a reason and its crazy that companies can go to another country and skirt those standards to "make cheap products.". Eventually those products aren't going to be so cheap anymore. China is using our own kindness to build them up to take advantage of us and manipulate our governments. They don't deserve our money.

I am not a person who believes we should only trade in America, but we should only trade with countries who aren't trying to lobby against America's interest and change its foundation thru bribes. Americans shouldn't be punished with high taxes and regulations so those business cannot compete with the rest of the world. Its simple common sense.
Yeah, lets lower taxes so that no government work gets paid for, and definitely let's lower those pesky safety and health regulations so everyone can get sick. You do it. I prefer to have government paid for and my health and safety insured.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2020, 03:20:19 PM »
While there were Allies and Axis, we all still held to our country of origin (nationality). Americans were Americans, British were British, etc.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2020, 03:33:29 PM »
Threads like this make me appreciate working for a Japanese company.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2020, 03:42:28 PM »
Threads like this make me appreciate working for a Japanese company.

Are you guys hiring?   :aok

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2020, 03:52:05 PM »
It is a very simple concept. Rice can be made here and is made here. To make rice in the US is very expensive, some of the most expensive crops we can raise here. In China, their climate is much better suited for it and their mode of production is cheaper (labor costs). If we only consumed US grown rice it would be scarce and super expensive. We export much of our rice and we profit from it, meanwhile we import Chinese and Asian rice because it is so much cheaper. This is logically sound and financially smart. Are you willing to work in a rice field at minimum wage? We can't have a strict labor immigration policy, high minimum wage, AND consume our own crops. That is not sustainable.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2020, 04:23:54 PM »

First director of the WHO.

This is exactly what we are seeing happen today.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 04:25:36 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-