Author Topic: What Features/Objects do you want in the TE?  (Read 433 times)

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
What Features/Objects do you want in the TE?
« on: March 05, 2001, 08:23:00 PM »
Hi everyone. I am trying to get a thread going of what features/objects, etc, you guys would like to see in the terrain editor.

I'll list some I would like to see to start off:

1) A Concrete Hardstand object for grass airfields. This would allow hot re-arms and safe landings at such fields.

2) Three or Four 'City Block' Objects. These would look like many buildings side by side but would only be one object. That way we could make towns/cities look larger without adding a lot of objects.

3) A 'Farm House' Object with a 'Barn' that could be used as a 'hanger' shape for 'rural' airfields or vehicle fields.

4) A Cargo/Merchant ship object for convoys. Since we have ships, I figured this would be good for snapshot events, etc. (I.E.- Your job is to protect the convoy, the enemies job is to destroy it.)

5) A 'set-sea level' altitude to allow boats to operate on bodies of water which are above 'sea level'.

6) A couple of 'Separate' runway objects w/o taxiways to design our own airfields. I would like to see one smaller then the existing runway and one wider and longer that could be placed diagonally within a grid to simulate a 'larger' bomber airfield.

7) Runway lights for the night scenarios     .
(Or, at the very least, a rotating airfield beacon light).

8) A bridge object.

9) Way out in the long term: A train! (Place way points and the track automatically appears along the 'waypoint route' in the TE). Sounds simple anyway     .

10) A 'Tree' and 'Forest' Object (Similar to how they made trees in EAW with a large 'block' to be the forest trunks and a 'forest canopy' on the top of it).

11) A 'Macro' or something to change the ownership of objects you place all at once. I.E.- A setting that tells the editor every object I place now will belong to country '2'. That way, we can place cities and factories without having to edit every object in the group individually by changing it from 'field' owned to 'country' owned.

That's my list for now. What would all of other TE users like to see supported/added/created to make better AH terrains and make creating them easier?

------------------
Sundog
VMF-111 Devildogs
MAG-33

'Criticism is always easier than craftmanship.'

[This message has been edited by Sundog (edited 03-05-2001).]

TheWobble

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2001, 09:52:00 PM »

For it to work.

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2001, 05:53:00 PM »
How about clicking a button which will put you at a set alt. so you can take screen shots of your terrain for the clip board.

Pokie

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2001, 07:04:00 PM »
Or, along the lines of what pokie said, how about a one click button which makes a 'bitmap' image of the entire map to be modified by external software for the clipbaord map (i.e.- if the terrain is 256 x 256, click the button, and you get the terrain pic of the 256 x 256 area). Since you can't 'zoom' out and see the entire map.

------------------
Sundog
VMF-111 Devildogs
MAG-33

'Criticism is always easier than craftmanship.'

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2001, 10:17:00 PM »
Ya Sundog! What was I thinking.  

That's a great idea.

Pokie