Author Topic: So much for 'herd immunity'  (Read 3334 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
So much for 'herd immunity'
« on: May 16, 2020, 08:32:04 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/16/uss-theodore-roosevelt-sailors-test-positive-coronavirus-261873

"Thirteen sailors aboard the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt have tested positive again for Covid-19 after recovering from the disease and returning to the ship, which has been stranded in Guam since late March after an outbreak of the virus, according to two U.S. defense officials.

The Roosevelt's crew began returning to the ship in late April after spending a month either in quarantine or isolation in Guam. But sailors in early May began showing symptoms of the virus, such as a cough and fever, despite testing negative twice."

Sounds like like they're suggesting a re-infection and following infectious status is possible.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 08:36:33 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: So much for 'herd immunity'
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 08:41:20 PM »
There's something in the mutation tree that doesn't appear to be the same as other viruses. I get the feeling that the 'experts' have tracks in their shorts.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 08:42:50 PM »
There's something in the mutation tree that doesn't appear to be the same as other viruses. I get the feeling that the 'experts' have tracks in their shorts.

LOL. Those "racing stripes" give it away every time!

:cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 10:47:24 PM »
It has been shown that it can stay in the system and give positives after the person is over it. Nothing new there.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 11:50:11 PM »
It has been shown that it can stay in the system and give positives after the person is over it. Nothing new there.

And that's why it was worthy of posting, "... began showing symptoms of the virus, such as a cough and fever, despite testing negative twice."

This was AFTER a month in quarantine or isolation. That's not quite the same as simply testing positive. These sailors are showing symptoms and would be presumed infectious. Big NEW change there if it can be confirmed for Covid.

Edit for spelling
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 11:54:46 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 04:16:02 PM »
Easy, you're going to have all kind of people talking out of their "hats" trying to defend the Trumpanzee method of pandemic management, those who support(and evidently from some posts, still do) hydroxycloriquine, even those it has been shown to do more harm than good, talk about herd immunity(even though it has been reported more than once that people are getting reinfected, and those who rail for their "God-given"rights to go where they want without any PPE. There are even IDIOTS who say they will never take the vaccine. They will be their own doom; I refer to it as culling the herd of the stupid.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 04:19:58 PM »
I read somewhere recently that positive tests from those who were previously infected and recovered were attributed to dead virus reside being coughed up, dead tissue etc. However, if they are showing symptoms.... this would be a very bad development :(

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 04:50:33 PM »
Easy, you're going to have all kind of people talking out of their "hats" trying to defend the Trumpanzee method of pandemic management, those who support(and evidently from some posts, still do) hydroxycloriquine, even those it has been shown to do more harm than good, talk about herd immunity(even though it has been reported more than once that people are getting reinfected, and those who rail for their "God-given"rights to go where they want without any PPE. There are even IDIOTS who say they will never take the vaccine. They will be their own doom; I refer to it as culling the herd of the stupid.

To each his own. Some people don't want to be apart of a rich health mafias agenda to control the world like cattle.

You are wrong about HCQ and real results and studies are proving it.

Id take HCQ with zinc in a heart beat over remdesivir.

The fact that sailors got this on an important ship reeks of a bio attack but ill let the narrative play out like its all just happenstance. Its a huge red flag for me though.

If you can't notice Americans are tired of this crap and ready to go back to work. If they were really scared, they'd stay home. Stay home if you don't want to risk anything in life but don't actually think others are going to drop their lifes savings and business any longer. We gave them 3 weeks, in some cases 2 months. That's enough.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2020, 05:11:34 PM »
To each his own. Some people don't want to be apart of a rich health mafias agenda to control the world like cattle.

The fact that sailors got this on an important ship reeks of a bio attack but ill let the narrative play out like its all just happenstance. Its a huge red flag for me though.

If you can't notice Americans are tired of this crap and ready to go back to work. If they were really scared, they'd stay home. Stay home if you don't want to risk anything in life but don't actually think others are going to drop their lifes savings and business any longer. We gave them 3 weeks, in some cases 2 months. That's enough.

wow you even try to make yourself sound magnanimous. what are you willing to risk? I lost a large portion of my retirement savings due to stocks falling.  I have a wife with bad lungs and mine arent in better shape anyway.  I have 3 children 2 boys and a girl and she's got 3 daughters.  I am not willing to risk them specially since you mention what, less than 300 dead and be over 2 months ago?

you always willing to risk others but not yourself.  me I'll keep calling my kids and my vets everyday and bring my vets their alcohol.  and yes I do have a no contact policy.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2020, 05:49:17 PM »
wow you even try to make yourself sound magnanimous. what are you willing to risk? I lost a large portion of my retirement savings due to stocks falling.  I have a wife with bad lungs and mine arent in better shape anyway.  I have 3 children 2 boys and a girl and she's got 3 daughters.  I am not willing to risk them specially since you mention what, less than 300 dead and be over 2 months ago?

you always willing to risk others but not yourself.  me I'll keep calling my kids and my vets everyday and bring my vets their alcohol.  and yes I do have a no contact policy.

semp

Well said Semp. He's as courageous as his idol... and likely has bone spurs in the same place.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 05:54:40 PM »

I spent Friday night in an ER in San Mateo county unrelated to Covid. I don't consider myself a coward, but that place made me very very uncomfortable. They were dealing with Covid patients down the hall and the staff was seriously covered in PPE. They reassured me they were seeing me first before going into the Covid ward. If true, I was a greater threat to them than they to me.

I hate being coped up inside. I moved here to be able to visit my granddaughters. That's out of the question right now, so yes, it's been too long, but not long enough to reduce Covid to the point we can control it and get the country back to work.

My worry is that the longer this thing runs with higher numbers of infected, the more likely it is to mutate into something even worse. The children being hit is possibly only the first indication of what's to come.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2020, 06:48:08 PM »

I'm sure that you have some "inside track" as to the efficacy of HCQ. Why on God's earth would new media report it is causing more deaths. The coolaid is strong in this one.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 07:13:44 PM »
It's odd how the media has been handling topics like this when they have zero competence and zero expertise, as well as picking their 'experts' based on the message they want delivered.

Fauci himself has only been right once, when he said years back that a pandemic WOULD occur under Trump. I wouldn't be asking him for stock advice!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 07:18:41 PM »
It's odd how the media has been handling topics like this when they have zero competence and zero expertise, as well as picking their 'experts' based on the message they want delivered.

You misspelled 'administration.' Just sayin.' Nuff said before this thread crashes and burns.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 07:24:00 PM »

Fauci himself has only been right once, when he said years back that a pandemic WOULD occur under Trump. I wouldn't be asking him for stock advice!
I will trust Fauci over Ole Disinfectant injector, "it will just disappear" HCQ promoting President Bone Spurs.  Come on, the man had to just about buy his degree, and you think he knows what he's even saying?