Author Topic: Does anyone have an european map ?  (Read 321 times)

Offline svalan

• Zinc Member
Does anyone have an european map ?
« on: September 07, 2000, 05:19:00 AM »
Hi i am with the 91st BG "H" from the 401 BS.
we practise alot in H2H , i tried to make an european map , but don't understand a thing about it , so my question is does any one maked an european map where you see England holland a bit off france and gemany and with the airfield not A14 but with names like Amsterdam , Berlin etc .
please email me at  dewit@home.nl  , so the 91st BG can practise more historical .....

thanks   91st BG  svalan 401 Bomb Squadron

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2000, 08:05:00 AM »
First off you can't make "Names" in the terrain editor like "Amsterdam", "Berlin", or "London".

They can only be A1, A25, or V37.

But yes I know of several people working on Euro terrains right now, including the CM's. But I don't know of anyone who has one to the completion stage yet.

Just be patient and I'm sure one will be finished soon   It just takes alot of man hours to build a good terrain.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

MaxImm

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2000, 09:58:00 PM »
I know we all are drooling over the possible use of our mega-dream-terrain maps however as I stated on an earlier thread...

H2H only supports 8 players!

I have had a blast creating a very small (3) airfield terrain which I named "tank".  So small in fact the center AF is actually a Bish city where Rooks and Knits duel ala tank with air support.  My goal was to balance the roles of ground and air attack vehicles and still make it competitive and fun.  So small in fact a good tank battle is only 3 minutes away. First country to cap the center city wins the round at which point the arena resets and you start over.

The best thing is it didn't take me 60 to 100 hours of my limited time to create it.

If any have the oportunity ..check it out.
Usually open after 11:00 PM EST.  

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2000, 02:19:00 PM »
What I did for Kosovo is add three vh bases about 30 km from Pristina bases 1-3. Then added 3 more vh bases inside the city itself but assigned the bases to the original ones.. Now if you select the northwest span point that puts you right at the edge of the city.. This way, you don't have three bases cluttered in one area on the map. Also you have a place to rearm etc.

The other question, how to place cities is to d/l a geopolitical map of the same area your working on and use that with your text tool to add the cities and towns where they should be on your clipboard map. Its a good idea to do this first before laying out your air bases.

I been reading up in the book that came with Paintshop Pro  how to make transparent layers. I'm working on a full 256x256 of Yugoslavia. I used the terr.bmp as layer one. Map256 is layer two.... Now I have the grid lines on the clipboard map... heh... If you want your grid lines in color say red or blue, simply change from gray scale to 24bit color ..works..

Orges mapmaker and Wabbit's Bit2Map programs are really cool! I been mostly using Wabbit's program.  With Bit2Map it randomly adds farm lands to anywhere theres less than a 50% grade. Now in some mountainous areas of Yugoslavia there ain't no farms. No problem,  don't make any corrections to the grayscale relief map your using, and run through Bit2Map. As usual add the typ and elv files to the folder your working in,  go into your graphics program and add blur or smooth (I like graduation blur) run your map back through Bit2Map  only this time only add ONLY the elv file to your folder... now you get the farm lands only on the super flat areas your mountainous areas are all grass or rocky grass. you can add some rock or snow to mountains by hand.....

Found a really good Phillipines relief map on the net. Just happens to be exactly 1024X1024 for a 256 size map. Been waiting to see if we get some more textures like ocean, coastal breakwater etc. If anyone wants to work on it let me know I send it to ya. bear1@bigisland.com   Be advised I don't have the geopolitical map that goes with it to set up air bases etc.
10Bears--