Author Topic: Odd  (Read 694 times)

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
Odd
« on: June 18, 2020, 07:24:27 PM »
MADe here,

Closed sub awhile ago and it appears I can post???

Anyways just checking up on game. I got a couple of dogs and well my focus in life changed. Best gift I ever gave myself. Got a couple of Walker Hounds and named them Stars and Stripes. Little devils keep me busy. Getting another one next month, his name is Flag. My quiet tribute to the United States of America and those who have served.

Unemployed right now due to covid so I have lots of time to kill. Shame that no income kills a sub cost. All my free time I miss flying game. When I retire I will prolly show up. Was flying as HARE, will again one day.

salute all
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Odd
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 07:29:56 PM »
MADe here,

Closed sub awhile ago and it appears I can post???

Anyways just checking up on game. I got a couple of dogs and well my focus in life changed. Best gift I ever gave myself. Got a couple of Walker Hounds and named them Stars and Stripes. Little devils keep me busy. Getting another one next month, his name is Flag. My quiet tribute to the United States of America and those who have served.

Unemployed right now due to covid so I have lots of time to kill. Shame that no income kills a sub cost. All my free time I miss flying game. When I retire I will prolly show up. Was flying as HARE, will again one day.

salute all

Download the latest client.

There are some offline missions against AI now you can fly for target practice. 
There are also a couple free online arena you can fly in.

That might keep you in practice until you situation improves and you can reopen a sub.

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 08:17:09 PM »
Download the latest client.

There are some offline missions against AI now you can fly for target practice. 
There are also a couple free online arena you can fly in.

That might keep you in practice until you situation improves and you can reopen a sub.

In fact, your free options are pretty impressive.  Good way to wade back into things.

- oldman (and good to have you back)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 06:18:01 AM »
Just one dog will cost you more than the sub just to feed for one month. Hopefully one doesn't get sick.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 08:41:45 PM »
Just one dog will cost you more than the sub just to feed for one month. Hopefully one doesn't get sick.

Yuppers, but dogs are real. No fiction to them. They get me outside, luv is unconditional! Might cost more, but the return on my dollar is priceless.

Aces High gave me hours of enjoyment. But it is stagnent. HiTech and team did a bang up job to say the least. Kept up with tech change, added more avenues to play the game.
However, it ultimately has not really changed in 20 years. The basic goals are still same. The end game is still same. The clientel has diminished to only those that appreciate ww2 aircraft basically. The game does not reflect the type of game environment that has grown in todays world. It is sequestered into a specific niche' and has stayed there. Recreating the ww2 aircraft battle experience only.
I built full scale flight gear, I built pc's, I figured out a lot about things to keep my interest. I got the occulus, yada yada. I tried to learn programming, skins, best use of pc hardware...
I once suggested a game play I would call Clan Air. The map would be about squadron battles. Capturing bases would get you new aircraft to fly, gv's to drive. It would give a squadron one home base. Squads against squads battling for better aircraft tech. Planting a squads flag on aquired bases, yada yada. But none were interested. perk points, yuck, and same old, same old were /are the only interest. It just got dull.

I salute High Tech and teams accomplishments. So far ahead of their time. But time marches on.... I'd still like to put a ww2 aircraft game together but it takes a team, I am but one and do have my limitations. What I have is imagination, imagination and a type of organizational ability thats rare, but alas........

Salute
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 12:35:36 AM »
Yuppers, but dogs are real. No fiction to them. They get me outside, luv is unconditional! Might cost more, but the return on my dollar is priceless.

Aces High gave me hours of enjoyment. But it is stagnent. HiTech and team did a bang up job to say the least. Kept up with tech change, added more avenues to play the game.
However, it ultimately has not really changed in 20 years. The basic goals are still same. The end game is still same. The clientel has diminished to only those that appreciate ww2 aircraft basically. The game does not reflect the type of game environment that has grown in todays world. It is sequestered into a specific niche' and has stayed there. Recreating the ww2 aircraft battle experience only.
I built full scale flight gear, I built pc's, I figured out a lot about things to keep my interest. I got the occulus, yada yada. I tried to learn programming, skins, best use of pc hardware...
I once suggested a game play I would call Clan Air. The map would be about squadron battles. Capturing bases would get you new aircraft to fly, gv's to drive. It would give a squadron one home base. Squads against squads battling for better aircraft tech. Planting a squads flag on aquired bases, yada yada. But none were interested. perk points, yuck, and same old, same old were /are the only interest. It just got dull.

I salute High Tech and teams accomplishments. So far ahead of their time. But time marches on.... I'd still like to put a ww2 aircraft game together but it takes a team, I am but one and do have my limitations. What I have is imagination, imagination and a type of organizational ability thats rare, but alas........

Salute

You got burnt out. You changed.

Enjoy your three dogs. I have a lab... one is all I need.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)