Author Topic: Been a long time since I played  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Shehzni

• Zinc Member
Been a long time since I played
« on: December 26, 2020, 01:01:55 AM »
Less known player, used to be pretty edgy when I was younger, I think I started playing this game at 12?

Currently serving in the USAF at 22, always had this game in the back of my mind but I dont like the idea of paying when its not what it once was, I feel like all it would lead to is disappointment because it may never be like it was

I went by vShenzi (I think? its been a long time) I remember I was in the devils brigade members I could remember are vsixO v1Eagle1 or something like that vWildcat,

I love seeing in screenshots in steam or online of familiar names like 2cmex in his diddlying N1k
Who was that really well known P38L player? Also I remember a really really good B17 gunner 999000? I always had trouble shooting him down, miss this game alot hit me up with any memories if you got any

Offline Shehzni

• Zinc Member
Re: Been a long time since I played
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 01:03:36 AM »
Also sidenote I found an old Ki84 pilot playing in warthunder and he remembered me, he spoke almost no english but it was awesome finding someone who played AH2 in war thunder

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 01:48:36 AM »
vWildcat is a player I had forgotten, too bad you had to bring up his Stolen Valor arse.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 04:29:00 AM »
Less known player, used to be pretty edgy when I was younger, I think I started playing this game at 12?

Currently serving in the USAF at 22, always had this game in the back of my mind but I dont like the idea of paying when its not what it once was, I feel like all it would lead to is disappointment because it may never be like it was

I went by vShenzi (I think? its been a long time) I remember I was in the devils brigade members I could remember are vsixO v1Eagle1 or something like that vWildcat,

I love seeing in screenshots in steam or online of familiar names like 2cmex in his diddlying N1k
Who was that really well known P38L player? Also I remember a really really good B17 gunner 999000? I always had trouble shooting him down, miss this game alot hit me up with any memories if you got any

VSix0 still plays
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 04:58:57 AM »
only Vguy I remember was dallas and his Private vox abuses.   

sad.   :airplane:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 09:32:02 AM »
I remember very few of the vguys, but I do thing they were the "beginning of the end" in this game. They played the game "they" wanted to, never mind how much it messed up anyone else's game.

Get a good furball going and the Vguys would come in and drop the fighter hangers for a laugh. The same would go for the radar, they would run mission after mission to keep it down for a country as long as they could just for a laugh. Catch them in an NOE and they would all bail instead of fighting through.

This game depends a lot on how others play the game, or if they do.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2020, 10:18:03 AM »
I remember very few of the vguys, but I do thing they were the "beginning of the end" in this game. They played the game "they" wanted to, never mind how much it messed up anyone else's game.

Get a good furball going and the Vguys would come in and drop the fighter hangers for a laugh. The same would go for the radar, they would run mission after mission to keep it down for a country as long as they could just for a laugh. Catch them in an NOE and they would all bail instead of fighting through.

This game depends a lot on how others play the game, or if they do.

Do you mean the HQ? I could see the strategic value in that... keeping radar down is certainly a nuisance but can be fought thru.

Offline Shehzni

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2020, 11:58:39 AM »
wildcat was stolen valor? whats the story on that?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2020, 12:10:36 PM »
I don't remember much about the vguys. The only two I think of off the bat were not good. Not saying all were bad, but they had some real rotten apples.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shehzni

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2020, 12:13:58 PM »
I was pretty rotten sometimes haha angry kid at the time, I never really had good concepts of air combat when I was younger I remember I was still decent at least, I miss the massive cv raids on ports and the massive lancaster/b17 spam things we would do

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2020, 11:19:24 PM »

Sad?  They were hilarious.  He dished out but couldn't seem to take though.  Anytime he'd PM me, I'd PM him back.  Nothing.

I still remember a time they were sneaking a base on Blue (had to go Blue, Orange was full).  Jumped in a 37mm and shot down 8 of them, he sends: "You can just sit there, we'll have this soon."  For the next 15m they kept attacking.  I ended up shooting down 22 of them in total before they finally took the base.  I was the only defender.  I sent the following: "Took you long enough."  Nothing. :devil
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 02:34:13 AM »

Bruv looks like boris Johnson
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2020, 08:08:41 AM »
Hurry back as I need more red planes to shoot at

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2020, 12:10:10 PM »
wildcat was stolen valor? whats the story on that?

He had claimed to be a WW2 naval combat ace that flew Wildcats and Hellcats and took part in the Battle of Midway.  He also claimed to have received various medals like the Navy Cross, Silver Star, DSC, DFC and that Thatch himself bestowed on him the call sign "Wildcat" because he "fought like a wildcat" during Midway and was instrumental in sinking one of the IJN carriers.  He also claimed to have flown in the CBI theater in the "14th Allied Air Force", flying C47S and Dauntless dive bombers.

Didn't know what was more amusing, his BS stories or the vTard's mental gymnastics to explain away his BS.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song