Author Topic: It's always darkest before the storm  (Read 527 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
It's always darkest before the storm
« on: July 29, 2020, 03:01:21 PM »
I would like to see the GV icons return to the old days, the removal of GV dar, and dark clouds form over towns and v.bases that are in jeopardy of capture. Rain even, so that GV icons would be almost perfectly hidden in ground clutter. User controlled soldiers, too. Anything to break up the perfect execution of field captures!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: It's always darkest before the storm
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 05:59:50 PM »
It would make it so much easier for me to take undefended towns late at night the way you propose it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 06:40:17 PM »
How could it possibly be easier to capture anything that is undefended?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 06:53:16 PM »
How could it possibly be easier to capture anything that is undefended?

maybe because I dont take every single undefended field.  this would make it easier.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 06:58:49 PM »
Yes there are plenty of trees they can disappear  under even at full range... man I've seen...well eventually seen by flying low and slow... tanks who's icons are obscured when sitting under a single palm tree...
I do think towns are far too easy to drop... now sure they put in the time to learn how... but single pass WF is in the far too easy basket...
Lower the resup for M3's too

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 10:22:55 PM »
... Anything to break up the perfect execution of field captures!

Clearly you have not flown for Knights.    :rofl   :bolt:

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 03:07:06 PM »
You were on the right track with "back to the old GV days", but then got a bit sideways with the weather phenomena.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 03:18:55 PM »
You were on the right track with "back to the old GV days", but then got a bit sideways with the weather phenomena.

+1

The old GV days were a bit excessive on the icon ranges.  Reduce them to 3K for both aircraft AND the GV's, and I think they would be in the ball park.
Even better, eliminate the GV spawns to all airbases, allow them to only spawn near vehicle bases. No more spawning multiple sectors away either, nor spawning across bodies of water to other islands and land masses. 
That's something I could get into.  If it weren't for having to defend a base against GV's, I'd never load a bomb on an aircraft.  Didn't get into this game all those years ago to fight invisible ground vehicles.