Author Topic: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2020, 01:03:03 AM »
I've been in the closed beta and the game looks incredible and was fully intending to get it on release.  However, I saw the different pricing packages and MS is fully monetizing the game.  If you want the detailed airports, etc., You have to pay more than the standard version. For detailed airports, you'll have to pony up $120 for that package.

Hey Ack Ack, how did flight feel? the flight modelling?

Yes you can get the game for very cheap ranging to very expensive, i.e Xbox Gamepass (that also works for PC) ranging to the premium $120 package, from what i read you do get detailed airports in all versions, but perhaps not all of them, i tought the main differance was the amount of of Aircraft you get.

This video breaks down the different packages (starting at 2 minutes in) :

Breakdown :

Standard $59.99 :  20 Planes & 30 "Handmade" Airports
Deluxe $89.99:      25 Planes & 35 "Handmade" Airports
Premium $119.99: 30 Planes & 40 "Handmade" Airports

The version you get thru Xbox gamepass  ($4 monthly subscription that gets you access to Microsofts library of games) is the Standard version.

Alot of the other sims in this category does this aswell, in some of them you even have to buy terrain pack DLCs in order to play. So in the end i dont think Microsoft is doing something totally outrageous here.

And, all the airports will be more or less detailed no matter what, the airports you are mentioning are the ones that are modelled as an exact replica from real life, the ones that they spent alot of effort on bringing in to the game as an exact copy of real life.

Maybe Standard edition is the way to go, from what i read you can upgrade that package later if you want, and i suspect they will be selling individual planes and airports aswell, so you can buy exactly the content that you actually want.

I went premium tough  :O
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 01:32:04 AM by Maniac »
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 01:34:35 AM »
*looks at system requirements*  ...Well crap.

HT, can you just make AH look like that?  Pretty please?

Wiley.
That would be easy, simply raise the AH system requirements to the same level.  :devil

Seriously speaking, even the "ideal" computer can be bought for a couple of thousands independently of your location. The big question is that there's many AH players and other virtual pilots in the USA who can't get a steady 20 Mbps Internet connection, not to mention a 50 Mbps one.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2020, 11:52:17 AM »
I found an video that explains the airport situation, the differance between the handcrafted ones and all the others.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2020, 12:31:31 PM »
Good to know that they will allow 3rd parties to create content for the game. That was one worry I had because they had not announced it until now. That means I get to create all my favorite strips once the software is released.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2020, 04:42:31 PM »
It's not likely to be a smooth experience at first, I mean it is Microsoft after all. I don't think anyone in this game should settle for anything less than the top tier package, but I would hold off until things get sorted (unless you are accustomed to dealing with headaches).

As for me I am looking forward to producing a few custom airports and aircraft, but not right away, obviously.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2020, 05:18:52 PM »
It's not likely to be a smooth experience at first, I mean it is Microsoft after all.

It could be worse.  It could be EA.

No VR?  No Glider Soaring?  I'll wait a bit and watch with interest.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2020, 07:13:52 PM »
Even in Level D six axis simulators they don't model every single airport as an exact replica of real life with all signs, runway markings, buildings, jetways, etc.

Perhaps 100 or so are realistically modeled. The rest are there but are "generic". The runway headings and layout are correct but otherwise it's like a field in AH 1 or something. Green grass, gray runway, generic terminal at the side of the runway.

It's all about the Benjamins.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2020, 09:04:43 AM »

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2020, 10:15:31 AM »
Hey Bat good to see you again!  Looks interesting I'll have to look into it.  Thanks for the post.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2020, 10:20:07 AM »
Can't wait for Microsoft Combat Simulator 2021.

;)
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2020, 04:05:26 AM »

;)

That would be optimal for sure :)

Well see tough, the modding communities are totally awesome these days, they might come up with something combat related for MSFS2020.

VR seems to be in now atleast If you buy an HP Reverb G2 lol :

https://www.engadget.com/flight-sim-2020-vr-fall-hp-reverb-070123550.html

Well it is the best headset for Flightsims sporting the highest resolution to an very good price point, but i guess many will feel left out anyway lol, i doubt the exclusivity deal will be there for long tough, MS will probably have to backtrack on this one, or like release support for all the other headsets 1-2 months after this.

Otherwise, again, the modding community is awesome these days, and they will probably hack this exclusivity thingy pretty fast if needed.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2020, 04:06:59 AM »

;)

;)

Well see tough, the modding communities are totally awesome these days, they might come up with something combat related for MSFS2020.

Well it is the best headset for Flightsims sporting the highest resolution to an very good price point, but i guess many will feel left out anyway lol, i doubt the exclusivity deal will be there for long tough, MS will probably have to backtrack on this one, or like release support for all the other headsets 1-2 months after this.

Otherwise, again, the modding community is awesome these days, and they will probably hack this exclusivity thingy pretty fast if needed.

Edit/Update : It might be fake news from Engadget, apparently the MS announcment says this : "VR support will be available later this year in time for the launch of the HP Reverb G2"

So it might not be exclusive to that headset at all. I guess we will see.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 04:23:52 AM by Maniac »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2020, 10:04:58 AM »
FS2020 has been announced on STEAM now. Looking into modding tools now.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2020, 02:40:20 PM »

Edit/Update : It might be fake news from Engadget, apparently the MS announcment says this : "VR support will be available later this year in time for the launch of the HP Reverb G2"

So it might not be exclusive to that headset at all. I guess we will see.

Well FS 2020 is supposed to ship mid-August, Reverb G2s ship mid-September. How's that gonna work for them?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2020, 04:40:55 PM »
Tsismis is that they would like to add gliders, or at least have them tested, before launch. VR is supposed to be late-September, or October. That might explain part of it.