Author Topic: here's another new problem from a noobie.  (Read 820 times)

Offline finnster

• Zinc Member
here's another new problem from a noobie.
« on: July 25, 2020, 12:00:08 AM »
Hi guys,
I had everything working pretty well until I tried adding a control map setting to my CH throttle. THen suddenly, all my joystick/rudder/throttle axes or buttons stopped working.
Back in the tower menu, when I accessed the map controller settings, all the buttons and axes showed up and worked. Somehow, I managed to turn off all the controls in flight. (Everything works in my other VR sim, Condor)
Any idea what I might have pushed or toggled that might do this? I tried exiting and restarting the game. Then I tried shutting down and doing a cold boot. Back to AH... same issue. Which makes me think I did something stupid while mapping the controls. (It doesn't appear to be an accidental switch to mouse control).
Thanks,
Finnster

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
Re: here's another new problem from a noobie.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 12:22:36 AM »
one thing to check is the control mappings change with and without the headset .

or maybe you changed the mode from plane to gv?
"fly as far as you can into the crash"

Offline finnster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 05:43:45 PM »
Toasted,
you were right- it did indeed work in regular gameplay... but not in VR mode.
I just took the hard road and reset to default and started over in VR. On the bright side, I'm getting good and fast at setting up controllers.
:)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 04:19:07 PM »
Toasted,
you were right- it did indeed work in regular gameplay... but not in VR mode.
I just took the hard road and reset to default and started over in VR. On the bright side, I'm getting good and fast at setting up controllers.
:)

Next time you can simply copy your xxx.jsm file to VR_xxx.jsm file