Author Topic: Good WW2 FPS online games?  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Re: Good WW2 FPS online games?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2020, 02:55:56 AM »
Seems to be an good range of options when it comes to "realistic" style WWII FPS games atm.

Im looking to get either Hell Let Loose or Post Scriptum, Hell Let Loose has seen an big bump in players since the latest update it seems, i think i might buy that one tonite when i get off work. Might get Post Scriptum at an later point aswell.

Found a couple of what it seems unbiased pretty recent comparison videos of them, but they were made before the latest Hell Let Loose update that apparantly was quite big.

Hell Let Loose 24h player peak : 5,174
Post Scriptum 24h player peak : 1,342

I think those numbers are the deciding factor for me atm, untill Post Scriptum comes out with an big update.

Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2020, 12:53:07 AM »

My first match ever in Hell Let Loose, i die alot but i actually got 14 kills, didnt really know what was going on, but it shows the noob experiance of an full match. Was very supriced about the lenght of the games/sessions.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2020, 03:11:54 PM »

My first match ever in Hell Let Loose, i die alot but i actually got 14 kills, didnt really know what was going on, but it shows the noob experiance of an full match. Was very supriced about the lenght of the games/sessions.

HLL can be confusing, if you can, try and get in a squad that is communicating. Makes it much easier to understand and let them know your new, lots people willing to help you out. My only complaint right now is there are a lot of game crashes caused by the Unreal engine. They're trying to fix it asap and I'm going to wait for that fix. I've had a few great rounds lost to this so no XP.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2020, 04:47:20 PM »
Gentlemen:

I was wondering if some of you could suggest some good WW2 FPS games? I am finally updating my old, slow computer. My son has already purchased a hot rod rig. Even my grandson is getting into it.

Basically, we are looking for a fun, online game that is focused more towards action rather than the big, strategic win the war stuff. Primarily an infantry game; not WW2 Online with all the attendant hardware.

We know about Call of Duty series. My son doubled his kill rate when he went from the Playstation to the new fast computer.

Although not a WW2 game, we've been playing some America's Army. It has the fast paced action we seek. So something like that maybe?

Appreciate the input.

War of Rights

Civil War FPS. Artillery with Calvary on the way.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2020, 05:21:55 PM »
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 05:41:54 PM by Maniac »

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 02:16:53 AM »

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2020, 05:35:50 AM »
Was about to post this video below yesterday but didnt think it fitted with the WW2 genre, but if you want infantry in an modern setting then ARMA III is still holding up amazingly well for its age.

And most people on it is really cool if you play on the correct servers.

Heres my session from yesterday on an "semi-milsim" or "milsim-light" or "relaxed-milsim" if you wish  :D, COOP server.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2020, 02:56:27 PM »
Anyone play Arma 3?  There is also Squad?

Check with Monster. he setup a POTW ARMA III server and the pigs are there every night conquering some place in the middle east. I went on my first mission last night and screwed my slection of key presses. Was trying to heal a piggy who was down in a room by a sniper. Ended up finsihing the taard's job by accident. Man I'm a grreny at ARMA....derp.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2020, 04:31:05 PM »
Check with Monster. he setup a POTW ARMA III server and the pigs are there every night conquering some place in the middle east. I went on my first mission last night and screwed my slection of key presses. Was trying to heal a piggy who was down in a room by a sniper. Ended up finsihing the taard's job by accident. Man I'm a grreny at ARMA....derp.

ROTFLMAO
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2020, 06:48:33 PM »
If you've got VR - Onward is a ton of fun, especially on the Quest. It's not WW2 but the weapons aren't that fancy.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2020, 03:35:55 PM »
Has anyone ever tried this one?  Can't beat free....

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2020, 07:01:33 PM »
Project Reality has a WWII mode as well. 

It's an older engine, but free is free.  ;)

« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 07:15:55 PM by CptTrips »

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2020, 10:15:38 AM »
Are these games primarily PC or console. At my age trying to use a console controller is an exercise in frustration. Tried many times at my grandkids place.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown