Author Topic: First flight in DCS  (Read 4204 times)

Offline save

• Gold Member
Re: First flight in DCS
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2020, 07:43:53 PM »
My experience from BOB from the British side is : set mg convergence to different ranges in pair the most outer etc, and hose down small targets at close distance only, if both radiators are gone for the enemy plane, and they are over Britain, they will not make it back.

For the German side I prefer the Minengeschoss when available for the 20mm, they make a real impression.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2020, 08:55:49 PM »
i have my convergence set on all p51 and p47 at 300. i can hit all the way out to 1000. have surprised many pilots.

all turners have it at 200.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2020, 02:25:23 PM »
I just got my Delainclip delivered today, its an TrackIR alternative to like 1/3rd the price.

Really happy with it, i know im an decade or so late to the party regarding headtracking, and VR is more immersive for sure, but this will have to do untill the truly next gen VR headsets arrive.

Really happy with this piece of hardware.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2020, 03:10:14 PM »
My experience with DCS is that I really REALLY need to love the planes that I buy. Learning a new plane is a choir. The more modern it is, the less appealing it becomes for me. Too many damn modes and options for too many systems.

I bought 1 jet - the Mig21bis. This is as modern as I can stand them and the radar is super easy to use:
1. Switch it off.
2. Done.

My other plane is the P47D30. I love messing around with it even though it is not completed yet. Fighting with it is another story - I am completely blind. Half the planes around me I cannot see even when I look straight at them. Half of those that I do spot and shoot at turn out to be friendly... well maybe not so friendly now. Luckily half of those friendlies that I shoot at survive because convergence is currently fixed to 1000 yards and cannot be changes.

DCS is a wonderful sim, a mediocre offline game, and a meh online game.
Their next WWII plane is the Mossie FB.VI. I have a new box of tissues ready next to my computer for when I ejaculate at its release.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2020, 05:14:40 PM »
LOL

I should have waited....

You can get the whole IL2 library for around $50.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/64548-real-virtual-pilots-fly-combat-sale-is-on-now-66-85-savings/?tab=comments#comment-988353

I guess they are trying to steal some of MS's thunder.  :D
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2020, 10:05:28 PM »

At the current discounts, you can the four game set for $79. Not a bad deal, even though my first experience with the IL-2 stuff was less than I expected.
Looks like I may be making a purchase between now and the 24th.................

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2020, 04:58:20 PM »
Hmm, that sale seems to have ended early.  Showing at full price on Steam for me