Author Topic: Map rotation and being inflight  (Read 947 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Map rotation and being inflight
« on: August 24, 2020, 02:02:13 PM »
I'm getting old and my brain isn't as sharp as it once was, perhaps someone with the know might be able to help me.

If I am inflight in say a perk tank with 2 kills and an assist and the war is won, but there may not be enough time to successfully get back home in the 5 minutes before arena shutdown and map rotation.

What happens to;
1. the sortie, is it landed/ditched?
2. the kills and assists, do they count to score and statistics?
3. the perk cost of the ride, is it lost in full or are no perks lost?
4. the perks gained from any victories, are they banked and added to your total perks or lost?

:headscratch:

is it better to try to stay inflight, ditch/bail, or try to make it home
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Map rotation and being inflight
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 05:24:14 PM »
1. Neither. In terms of score, the sortie never happened. (Because the score card always gets updated at the conclusion of a sortie)
2. Not for score (see 1), but the plane and pilot stat pages will include them (those are getting updated in real time during a sortie)
3. No perks are lost, as the sortie never happened
4. No perks are gained either

<"is it better to try to stay inflight, ditch/bail, or try to make it home"> It depends on how the sortie went and what's important to you. In a perk ride though, I would not bail or ditch.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 05:26:29 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 07:19:53 PM »
1. Neither. In terms of score, the sortie never happened. (Because the score card always gets updated at the conclusion of a sortie)
2. Not for score (see 1), but the plane and pilot stat pages will include them (those are getting updated in real time during a sortie)

Hello?  Anyone?  Have they figured out yet how to download a person's brain?  We need to do that with Lusche.

I'm sure the Germans must be working on something like that, in their relaxed periods from figuring out time travel.

- oldman

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 04:38:46 PM »
Thank you snail :)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 05:50:25 PM »

<"is it better to try to stay inflight, ditch/bail, or try to make it home"> It depends on how the sortie went and what's important to you. In a perk ride though, I would not bail or ditch.

It doesnt qualify as a disco?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 03:51:39 PM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman