Author Topic: Any solution welcomed  (Read 2052 times)

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
Re: Any solution welcomed
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2020, 02:49:27 PM »

I don't know if anyone knows for sure how it would work out, Wiley.
I suck at the GV game, but when I've dabbled in it, it's ridiculously easy to hide if you want, especially near on or GV bases and ports.  The other day I drove onto a port, hid myself in the vegetation, and had I made a better choice in vehicles, could have had several kills.........I forgot that apparently the T34/85 reload takes a lot of time?  Had Panther, might have been a Tiger 2, drive right through the back of my tank........swung the turret around to nearly inside his turret......he moved before my main gun reloaded and I could fire.....
I know the GV crowd says they hate the GV dar, some of us aviation guys dislike the (my opinion) woefully inadequate GV icon range AND the amount of vegetation cover offered to the ground vehicles. 
In my opinion, concessions or compromises would be an option I wish HT would consider, ones that don't swing the pendulum too far back in the other direction. 

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2020, 02:52:11 PM »
It usually does not take long to figure out that it is not a threat. Still some folks bite for a long time.

You’re right it doesn’t, but when many first login they do think it is, they go looking if no one answers about the base flashing. Then they log off and others come in and repeat the process. When there’s only 5-10 on one country I’ve noticed they get tired of it and don’t answer or if they’ve found a fight don’t have the time to type. Many players only get a couple hours to play, if they spend ~15 minutes on this that’s a huge chunk of the time they have to play - 12.5% approximately.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2020, 03:01:38 PM »
You’re right it doesn’t, but when many first login they do think it is, they go looking if no one answers about the base flashing. Then they log off and others come in and repeat the process. When there’s only 5-10 on one country I’ve noticed they get tired of it and don’t answer or if they’ve found a fight don’t have the time to type. Many players only get a couple hours to play, if they spend ~15 minutes on this that’s a huge chunk of the time they have to play - 12.5% approximately.

Hopefully they learn from it and look for where the fight is.  If you don't have much time, you sure do not want to go where a dar is just flashing. Go to where you see people actually fighting. That will be where the quickest fight is for the little time they have.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2020, 04:00:07 PM »
With the covid thing going on.... Max is spending way too much time holed up at his Maxy Pad.

:rofl

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2020, 11:25:06 PM »
Cybro has earned 3 stars, by doing nothing but sit in the trees.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2020, 03:03:43 AM »
Cybro has earned 3 stars, by doing nothing but sit in the trees.

He doesn't just sit in trees. He watches the Monkees on TV. He loves Miky Dolenz.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2020, 11:39:17 AM »
He doesn't just sit in trees. He watches the Monkees on TV. He loves Miky Dolenz.

I'm more of a Michael Nesmith fan, myself.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2020, 03:13:36 PM »
If it is Cybro, it doesn’t really matter, he’s not even close to the first to do this.

The aspect has been mentioned that countries can take advantage of this because once they ignore the base, then there’s no fight for it. I believe the point of this game is virtual WW2 combat  :headscratch:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2020, 03:17:27 PM »
If it is Cybro, it doesn’t really matter, he’s not even close to the first to do this.

The aspect has been mentioned that countries can take advantage of this because once they ignore the base, then there’s no fight for it. I believe the point of this game is virtual WW2 combat  :headscratch:

Cybro may not be the first, but I've never seen someone crawl into peoples' heads as deeply as he did, with so little effort.

That's the point though, it allows a sneak if people aren't wasting time checking on the flash periodically.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2020, 03:31:05 PM »
Cybro may not be the first, but I've never seen someone crawl into peoples' heads as deeply as he did, with so little effort.

That's the point though, it allows a sneak if people aren't wasting time checking on the flash periodically.

Wiley.

People do the same defending decked vbases. Simply having a gv there will usually discourage anyone running an m3 in the hope they don't get caught. A while back I'd noticed a t34 had not changed position in a while, suspected he had parked it there to discourage attackers. Fortunately inwas right and the troops walked right in front of him for the capture.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2020, 03:35:04 PM »

Wiley.

actually somebody else did it 10 or so years ago, till he got banned for something in the bb. he even had a church named after him.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2020, 03:38:03 PM »
actually somebody else did it 10 or so years ago, till he got banned for something in the bb. he even had a church named after him.

By the grace of Dok GoNzO, amen.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2020, 03:46:01 PM »

semp

Heh!  I don't recall him, must've been just before I got here.

There is a part of me that almost admires Cybro's sheer amount of trollage per unit of energy expended.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2020, 03:51:09 PM »
LOL....
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2020, 07:56:03 PM »
By the grace of Dok GoNzO, amen.

I think that was more than ten years ago.

More than 20, even...

- oldman