Author Topic: Ar 234: Pre-Apollo space shuttle?  (Read 215 times)

Offline RandomFlash

• Zinc Member
Ar 234: Pre-Apollo space shuttle?
« on: July 22, 2001, 09:41:00 PM »
You heard right. With the right weather conditions, you can fly higher than the sun(literally! I flew through it). This has probably been done alot before, but for those who don't know about it, here you go. First, go to Setup, then Wind. make the speed AND rise 127 for each wind level(from 0 to 15). It works best if the wind direction is the same for each level. Now, remember which direction you set the wind to on each level(which should all be the same). Pick a plane, (any plane, actually, the Ar 234 just works best) and takeoff IN THE DIRECTION YOU SET THE WIND!  Eg. If all wind is S, Hit the S button under the H on the clipboard to start out facing south.
 Once you start your engines up, your tail will suddenly rise. Just pull back as hard as you can and you will be 1000 feet in the air before you can count to 5. And in some cases, you will continue to rise, even if you've already smashed into the ground and all your engines are dead!

I have screenshots, but I don't remember how to include them in this. Help?
(they're kinda cool too)

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2001, 01:18:00 AM »
Back in 1.02(I think?) - if you tried to spawn an aircraft from a vehicle hangar, you would end up being shot out of A1 like a rocket! You went right up to 100,000ft or so before falling back.  :D

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2001, 04:27:00 AM »
Yeah Juzz I remember that! lol, twas kewl  :)

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2001, 08:07:00 AM »
I have a film of the arado at 80k+, anyone interested? (only 137k)

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2001, 04:45:00 AM »
ROTFLOL! I just tried dropping drunks...  :)   :)   :)

Offline MarkVZ

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2001, 07:45:00 AM »
Anyone remember in Beta when someone accidentally set a negative drag value for the horizontal stab of the B17? That thing would climb like a rocket and would overspeed and break up if you levelled off  :D  It was funny to see fighters trying to pursue these rockets.