Author Topic: mods and power abuse  (Read 6160 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: mods and power abuse
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2020, 04:35:48 PM »
I've been here since Beta in late 1999 ..... Never been muted kicked banned or even warned.

I am free on Wednesday if you would like to book in a quick muted/banned training session Mayhem. Basic whine briefing and profanity refresher is included free with every booking.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2020, 10:29:03 PM »
I suspect Moly was most likely reported, don't know of course. For me personally certain vulgar words are unacceptable in the game, as they are in public discourse. If you wouldn't use the word in front of your Mother, Daughter or grand daughter, then don't use it here. It has nothing to do with "rights" or "free speech", its called common courtesy.

Agreed.

- oldman

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2020, 12:29:02 AM »
I am free on Wednesday if you would like to book in a quick muted/banned training session Mayhem. Basic whine briefing and profanity refresher is included free with every booking.
:aok :rofl
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2020, 06:11:57 AM »
Lol. Imagine getting muted for arguing. Lol. In a game where the average is 65. Lol

THIS! lol

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2020, 10:41:26 AM »
And I remember hearing when I was young, with age comes wisdom
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2020, 10:14:36 AM »
Vink, a channel 200 non-productive whine fest over something Moly had no solution for is a disruption to the game. Moly got warned. Moly got muted when he made it very clear that he was going to persist.

If Moly doesn't like flying with a sock in his mouth then Moly needs to be less disruptive.

I'd agree if that was the case. Moly's version of events is hardly disruptive to the game. Given that arguing with mod get's you kicked, Moly's REAL question is why was he warned for saying what he said.

...so far there are no ligit answers. So his conclusion that he was targeted unfairly has still not been addressed.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2020, 10:45:01 AM »
I'd agree if that was the case. Moly's version of events is hardly disruptive to the game. Given that arguing with mod get's you kicked, Moly's REAL question is why was he warned for saying what he said.

...so far there are no ligit answers. So his conclusion that he was targeted unfairly has still not been addressed.  :salute

So, does that mean it’ll get addressed on the BBS?  Or, perhaps he could call HT directly and address it, if he hasn’t already done that.  Pretty sure it’s not going to get resolved here.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2020, 11:06:24 AM »
So, does that mean it’ll get addressed on the BBS?  Or, perhaps he could call HT directly and address it, if he hasn’t already done that.  Pretty sure it’s not going to get resolved here.

The board is for discussion. We're discussing. Resolution may be for a higher power, but that shouldn't shut down a discussion topic.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2020, 11:29:04 AM »
The board is for discussion. We're discussing. Resolution may be for a higher power, but that shouldn't shut down a discussion topic.  :salute

8- Complaints about a player's behavior online should be emailed to support@hitechcreations.com rather than posted to this board.

That's an official posting rule.

On top of that, disruption is considered mutable. Posting on 200 continuously about your opinion of the practice of 'bomb and bail' can be disruptive. It is within the purview of the moderator to determine when something is disruptive. Moly was given a warning.

And ... on top of that, let's talk about bomb and bail:

There is a bail out function in the game. There is no limitation placed on when or how players can bail. In the case of 'bomb and bail' then the bomber player elected to take the fastest way home short of augering *after* he dropped his bomb load. Big deal. Some of them may even bail without making it to target. Big deal. But, to be honest, given the time constraints of some players (bomber, fighter, tank, whatever - fun time isn't always 'unlimited') it is understandable if they choose to bail after bombing in order to take off immediately for their next run. I don't think they do this to upset Moly ... or you .... or me .... or anyone specific. Though if they were able to figure out that they managed to do so, as well, it might be amusing to them.

'Fixing' this is problematic. What do you suggest? Eliminate the ability to bail out, altogether? That may please Moly, or you, but do you take into account how appreciated or not it would be across the spectrum of the player community? Only allow bailing if your plane takes damage? Bombers can overstress fairly easily if they are intent. What would the difference be between 'bomb and bail' and 'bomb and break?'

In other words, it's a useless complaint ... being made on channel 200 ... over and over ... disruptive.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2020, 11:31:35 AM »
How the friggidy frack did this make it to page 5!?  :confused:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2020, 12:15:30 PM »
...Posting on 200 continuously about your opinion of the practice of 'bomb and bail' can be disruptive. It is within the purview of the moderator to determine when something is disruptive. Moly was given a warning.

Continuously is an interesting term that is too vague to be able to address.  People complain about all manner of game play on 200 without getting warnings.  The only insta-Warning i'm aware of is "hacking-cheating".  Even general comments should be off limits. Everyone knows you should film it and submit it.  But Bomb and bail comments are so "Disruptive" they merit  an auto-warning?  How about comments about running, vulching, ho-ing, sneaking, bomb****ing, picking, alt-monkeying, ganging?  General comments about game play styles hardly seem "disruptive" in AH, or mutable as a rule.   

Abusive language directed at an individual is, of course.  but I see no evidence Moly was abusive to a player.

And ... on top of that, let's talk about bomb and bail:

Nah everyone agrees with you.   Except Moly...but I hope that wasn't why he was muted .  :eek:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 12:19:57 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2020, 12:22:09 PM »
Continuously is an interesting term that is too vague to be able to address.  People complain about all manner of game play on 200 without getting warnings.  The only insta-Warning i'm aware of is "hacking-cheating".  Even general comments should be off limits. Everyone knows you should film it submit it.  But Bomb and bail is "Disruptive" worthy of an auto-warning?  How about comments about running, vulching, ho-ing, sneaking, bomb****ing, picking, alt-monkeying, ganging?  General comments about game play styles hardly seem "disruptive" in AH, or mutable as a rule.   

Abusive language directed at an individual are, of course.  but I see no evidence Moly was abusive to a player.

Nah everyone agrees with you.   Except Moly...but I hope that wasn;t why he was muted .  :eek:

Im sure he was getting into his complaint on 200. I know I have gotten ticed off about all the HOs and will vent on 200, with respect and as a "conversation". But I have gotten to the point where I was answering 5 or 6 players during said discussion, so much so that it would take up a good amount of the text window. I have received warnings from MODs as the OP was warned, the only difference was I stopped typing and the OP didnt. The OP "questioned" the MOD and the MOD muted him as that IS a muting offense (questioning or even trying to communicate with a MOD).

Then his second mistake was to bring it to the boards instead of dropping Hitech an email asking for clarification.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2020, 01:16:22 PM »

Then his second mistake was to bring it to the boards instead of dropping Hitech an email asking for clarification.

I don;t think bringing this to the boards is a mistake because it raises awareness about what standard are being enforced.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2020, 01:18:49 PM »
I understand and know the rules around it...as does the OP ... no problem...however as you said above Fuji.... there are others who in some cases fuel the fire ... this is where the thought of unfair comes into play IMO ... there are often at times antagonists ... they get to carry on their merry way without a problem... fair enough the OP should not have questioned the mod.. and possibly not got muted... however the fact still stands that he probably would have... the nit pickers would have pushed that button to cause a reaction....

Now the OP for sure should be adult enough to know when they are getting to hot with their answers buuuut... the balance doesn't seem to be there sometimes and sometimes although there are only a few lines typed by each other player... they are still on the same vein as the original 200 text that started the furor....a hard balance for sure...however sometimes you can,t help but think...hmmm favorites
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 01:20:42 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2020, 01:21:18 PM »
I don;t think bringing this to the boards is a mistake because it raises awareness about what standard are being enforced.  :salute

And that's where your thinking goes off kilter. Moly made spectacle on channel 200. He was warned. Moly persisted. He was muted. Moly brought it here to form a mob. It didn't work out. You are in the minority holding his water. I'm sure you can find a worthier cause. Or ... you can just keep on and see how well that works.