Author Topic: Hey Skuzzy  (Read 720 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Hey Skuzzy
« on: January 23, 2022, 10:47:37 AM »
Hey boss.  Long time no talk.  Life has been crazy but I'm finally getting my feet under me.  I'm planning on getting a rig built, CH gear across the boards, and I was wondering if Oculos works on AH.  That would be badass.  What would you recommend for a system that could handle the load for all of that and basically be my 'fun' pc.  I have one with 2 monitors for work and it does fine but when I'm having 'fun' I just want to flip a button and let my game go. 

Hope you and yours are well and sincerely appreciate all the help you always gave me. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: Hey Skuzzy
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 11:03:50 AM »
Skuzzy retired a few years back.

VR works very well in AH, as long as your computer is up to the task.

Welcome back.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 03:31:02 PM »
I run a i7-3770k@ 3.50 GHz cpu, 24 GB ram, and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. This machine is over 7 years old and runs Aces High on the Quest 2 VR with no problems.

A decent computer, with a decent video card will run it fine. Also, VR is the way to go, its really cool and fun to fly with.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 08:17:22 AM »
Ya the more I look around the more I'm convincing myself to buy a gaming rig and an oculous and start fresh.  I'll convert my current tower over to be my 'work' machine and put all my personal stuff on the gaming rig.  So it could be a few months before I'm ready to jump back in but jump in I plan to for sure. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 10:09:06 AM »
As others have noted, it is generally cheaper these days to buy a premade rig than to try and find video cards.  Since you are looking at the Quest 2, here are the requirements. 

https://support.oculus.com/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/oculus-link-compatibility/

My system pretty much matches Fugi's except mine was built in 2012  :D  I upgraded to the GTX 1060 6GB card when they were fairly new as well a few years ago... a lot of dumb luck as it just meets the requirements for the Oculus link.  Today, it's almost like the A-10 Thunderbolt... plane built around a gun... PC built around a video card.

SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012