Author Topic: CH Pro gear buttons dont work?  (Read 607 times)

Offline nopoop1

• Zinc Member
CH Pro gear buttons dont work?
« on: February 04, 2022, 05:13:18 PM »
Stick, thottle and pedals the Game recognizes but buttons dont work ? Click a button and it doesnt highlight it. How the heck do you identify the button you pushed in the program ? Also remember a second stick set that allowd up views with hat ? Not finding that either. Managed to calibrate throttle/stick/pedals but what about the buttons ? Lol worked in 1999.....
Coming out of retirement Blue Knight

nopoop

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: CH Pro gear buttons dont work?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 08:19:48 PM »
You have to double click buttons now to get them recognized while mapping. Assign a button that you can press while using the view hat as "look up" under views. This in conjunction with the the hat will give you the up and view ie forward up, left up, etc.

Hope that helps

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 07:43:00 AM »
Also remember a second stick set that allowd up views with hat ? Not finding that either.

You can use the controller "Modes" to create four different button maps.  I use two Modes to add views.  The Modes are identical except for the views selected by the hat switch and the "pinky" button on the CH stick.  The pinky button switches between the two modes.  Add an "Up" button on the throttle and you can have lots of views.

There is a new feature that automatically selects modes for "Planes and Default", "Vehicles and Gunners", "Field and Ship Gunners", and "Bombardier and Chute".  Unless you want to use those definitions, uncheck "Auto Mode Select".
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline nopoop1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 03:19:45 PM »
I suppose I sbouldnt configure DCS and AH at the same time. Stick set sat for 10 years. So spikey that calmed down after a day. DCS not seeing buttons. AH iosing calibration ... its why I drink
Coming out of retirement Blue Knight

nopoop

Offline duelr38

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 08:27:42 PM »
I show three devices , stick , throttle and pedals. All the buttons work but none of the axis work.
any ideas?

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 01:05:51 AM »
I show three devices , stick , throttle and pedals. All the buttons work but none of the axis work.
any ideas?
Do you mean in the game settings? If so, you'll have to calibrate the axis potentially both in Windows and in the game. You'll have to move the controller to all extents to teach the system. Otherwise it may think it's just a button.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni