Author Topic: Inspiring image - inspiring words  (Read 4708 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Inspiring image - inspiring words
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2020, 06:21:38 PM »
Arlo, I wish you luck with this. Been doing a lot of research on cult psychology and it's very clear that discussion and debate is a lost cause.

That's ok. I'm not debating anything. I posted on the Lincoln Memorial, specifically highlighting the Gettysburg Address. I posted on the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, the U.S.S. Arizona, the bravery and sacrifice of U.S. Marines at both Belleau Wood and Iwo Jima. We can recognize these souls on other days than Memorial Day. But Lincoln and his address take on a stirring and haunting meaning, as of late (possibly even more so than when it was first delivered). If it is lost on some, so be it, but I refuse to suffer noise meant to drown it out.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2020, 06:57:21 PM »
That's ok. I'm not debating anything. I posted on the Lincoln Memorial, specifically highlighting the Gettysburg Address. I posted on the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, the U.S.S. Arizona, the bravery and sacrifice of U.S. Marines at both Belleau Wood and Iwo Jima. We can recognize these souls on other days than Memorial Day. But Lincoln and his address take on a stirring and haunting meaning, as of late (possibly even more so than when it was first delivered). If it is lost on some, so be it, but I refuse to suffer noise meant to drown it out.

I agree completely
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2020, 11:06:10 PM »
I wasnt born in this country, however I am a citizen here.  please dont make this more than what it is.

I remember being around 8 years old and seeing college kids burning the flag.  never understood that, till years later.  I learned about the us history, the civil war in 7th and 8th grade, from another country.  I have visited several grave sites where both north and south soldiers were buried.  I believed what Lee said, we should not build monuments but let's heal and rebuild our cocntry.  have great respect for Washington and Lincoln as where I came from we didnt have that freedom.  grew up in an era where if you were a student, you were the enemy. grew up reading stories about Roosevelt saying america is for the americans, and not in the context of a country but of a continent.  I dont actually know if he said that but that's what we believed back then. we believed in freedom, we believed in the context that we should pursuit our way to happiness, even though our goverment didnt.

so standing here, and once had a patch with the american flag, I say this I am glad I experience what I did growing up.  I see sometimes people using a flag for their own  interest saying I am more american that you are, that's the freedom, we have.  I am neither left nor right nor middle, I am just a guy who sometimes knows what freedom is, and I am proud to be here and at the same time disgusted by some who pretend from both ends or even in the middle.

anyway, someday, we can all sit down and have a beer and discuss our difference and not see an enemy on both sides of the spectrum.

semp
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 11:12:59 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2020, 08:50:34 AM »
"If civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships - the ability of all peoples, of all kinds, to live together, in the same world at peace." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2020, 11:25:25 AM »
"If civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships - the ability of all peoples, of all kinds, to live together, in the same world at peace." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Great... but evil people are evil. Do so with caution. Always be prepared.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2020, 11:38:24 AM »
There will never be true world peace because it always comes down to one group (organizations), or government, or army that forces it's will onto others thru force or psychological coercion using media projection, up until the point that the people on the other side will no longer take it anymore and rise up to stop it.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 11:50:25 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2020, 11:55:09 AM »
There will never be peace because we live in a dualist world.

For everything there always has to have its the opposite.

Until we can transcend that dualism together as spirit in an expansion of oneness and not live in it as separate ego driven human beings, the world will continue to spin on its crazy axis.

I'll leave it at that..

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2020, 12:29:37 PM »
Debaters, stop. This is a thread of inspiration not 'but what about.' Thank you for finally understanding.  :old:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2020, 12:31:52 PM »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2020, 12:58:48 PM »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2020, 01:40:38 PM »
Arlo.... those are nice but being an American is so much more than just saying one is. Too many today claim to be and then destroy or attempt to destroy everything around them.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2020, 01:44:58 PM »
Arlo.... those are nice but being an American is so much more than just saying one is. Too many today claim to be and then destroy or attempt to destroy everything around them.

True. And in doing so see that in others and use that as an excuse and motivator.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 01:47:06 PM by Arlo »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2020, 02:33:25 PM »

(Feel free to add images of inspiration - that's what this thread is for.)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2020, 08:51:08 PM »
Want inspiration about being an American? Read Zinn's People's History of the United States.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2020, 09:36:05 PM »
Want inspiration about being an American? Read Zinn's People's History of the United States.

The inspiration I'm intent on sharing involves uniting Americans rather than dividing. It involves reminding Americans that we're all Americans and ....

E pluribus unum