Author Topic: New Stick  (Read 1284 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: New Stick
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2020, 11:31:05 AM »
The TM T16000M Eagler suggested is of the same price range as your Logi, yet it's much more accurate. More importantly it's pretty similar in shape and size so you don't have to teach your hand a new position and grip. I felt immediately at home with it when I did the exactly same move. Some rethinking for the top buttons but nothing too radical.

How do you use rudder with the Thrustmaster?

How did you get used to not twisting for rudder?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2020, 11:55:59 AM »
You will adjust quickly to peds

They are way more precise than a twisty stick

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2020, 01:08:11 PM »
Thank you for all the suggestions!

Yes Svaalbar, they used to be 40$ and get the insurance at Best Buy and only had to pay for a new one + some fees about every three months (with heavy usage). I think they’ve been discontinued but Logitech doesn’t actually say that anywhere I can find so far.

I’ve had them wear out in a month so anything over $40 is too high for them. If I can get a year out of another 150$ sounds about my range, maybe a bit more

Every three months? Wow. I play like 10 to 20 hours (perhaps even more) per week and after 2 years of use my first Extreme 3D Pro I decided to trash because the dead zones were getting so bad. I like the Extreme 3D pro a lot, but it does get "broken into" pretty easily after a few months. Right now the deadzones are OK, but I'm sure that will change in a year.
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 03:17:03 PM »
You will adjust quickly to peds

They are way more precise than a twisty stick

Eagler
     I finally got a set of pedals and took a little to get used to them but will never go back. Step on the Bubble!
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2020, 04:06:59 PM »

same as using them with any other stick

don't have it mapped and it won't matter if you twist it...unless of course you are twisting to kick the rudder and have forgotten you now use pedals..

My biggest problem learning pedals was learning to release...I would fly for ages with my rudder kicked in place... wondering why I was so slow and slipping sideways....

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2020, 04:17:31 PM »

If you get the T1600N with the throttle , the throttle comes with a slide on take front of the throttle that you can map as a rudder. Works great when you normally have your hand on the throttle you have two fingers naturally right there on the rudder slide! I found its better than a twister!!
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.