Author Topic: Shooting Trains  (Read 800 times)

Offline Cjpedrido

• Zinc Member
Shooting Trains
« on: August 06, 2020, 02:49:49 PM »
Anyone know if train shooting is back in AHIII and if so what map/location?

<S>

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Shooting Trains
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 03:39:24 PM »
Anyone know if train shooting is back in AHIII and if so what map/location?

I haven't seen it outside events for some time now. Even in events, its been awhile.  :frown:

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 05:31:34 PM »
I saw a train in one map.  I was returning from a strat run and saw some rounds go past my bombers as I was flying NOE. So I turned the flight around saw the train and marked the spot on my map. Went back in a 190 (as I love killing trains) well long story short I looked all over a two grid section and no train. 

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 09:14:52 AM »
  Saw one the other day shooting up at some low cons but usually don't see them or the truck convoys much at all.  The visibility for those items has always been kinda lack luster.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 09:44:12 AM »
I haven't seen it outside events for some time now. Even in events, its been awhile.  :frown:

I don't believe any of the AH3 special event terrains have trains.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 10:22:50 AM »
Trains, truck covos and barges at ports would be a nice return. When i first started hunting those down kept me busy and alive longer.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 10:51:38 AM »
I don't believe any of the AH3 special event terrains have trains.

I don't know what map was used but it was a Germany vs USSR event and I talked my squadron to participating in I-16s so it seems likely it was an FSO. Apparently some 110s were tasked with shooting trains. I'm not sure if we were tasked with protecting trains or just shooting down German planes (likely the latter). Anyhow, there they were, below us. I shot down two and lived to make it back to base (minus an aileron). (The train, of course, went its merry way.) We had no allowable fresh mounts so I took off missing thar piece.  :)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 11:48:37 AM »
I remember an FSO frame long ago that involved killing a train. Long enough ago I was CO of the Damned SE Squad so that's been a long while. Want to say it was a secondary target. I'd taken screen shots of the station (ternimal technically) it came out of and the route it took, set up a patrol to find it, etc. Think we were in Typhs so made quick work of it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 04:38:01 PM »
OOOOooo choo chooooo
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 05:34:55 PM »
I don't know what map was used but it was a Germany vs USSR event and I talked my squadron to participating in I-16s so it seems likely it was an FSO. Apparently some 110s were tasked with shooting trains. I'm not sure if we were tasked with protecting trains or just shooting down German planes (likely the latter). Anyhow, there they were, below us. I shot down two and lived to make it back to base (minus an aileron). (The train, of course, went its merry way.) We had no allowable fresh mounts so I took off missing thar piece.  :)

I believe that was in AH2, one of Shifty's FSO's if I recall correctly.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 07:46:52 PM »
The newer maps have trains..... 2 that I know of are Riftval and Northco...but I only see them up where the strats are all bunched on the maps....I think bustr remarked in the past that Hitech wanted trains and maybe convoys on all the new maps that were created....go out to a strat on a map and look for train tracks that would supply it...if ya don't see any tracks..chances are there are no trains on the map.

One-eye
"One-Eye"