Author Topic: Railroad memorabilia collectors  (Read 441 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Railroad memorabilia collectors
« on: October 03, 2020, 09:52:44 AM »
Anyone here collect railroad items? I am starting back into it with the much annoyance of my wife and seeing who else collects. Current project is getting two mast mount signals up into the air and wired up
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Railroad memorabilia collectors
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 11:18:57 AM »
I see a lot of folks posting youtube of working locomotives from around the country. Has to be a lot of interest out there. Seems like a pretty interesting hobby.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 04:50:08 PM »

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 05:06:15 PM »
Anyone here collect railroad items? I am starting back into it with the much annoyance of my wife and seeing who else collects. Current project is getting two mast mount signals up into the air and wired up
My brother does YT (Cincy RailFan Productions is his channel) he does have some collectors items like a Conrail SD-40 HO Scale, and a Conrail hat. Beck he has even seen a moving steam locomotive and even recently went to Elkhart to see the NYC museum up there and saw the only remaining Mohawk left in existence. So yeah my brother has some stuff.
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 05:19:14 PM »
A guy I used to work with was a huge railroad guy. Had a 3 bay garage at his place. The whole 2nd floor was a train set that was a scale model of what was around the area. Top notch setup, all remote control with sound too! Room was otherwise full of railroad gear he'd collected. Lamps, whistle posts, signage, etc.

For years he was on a project researching a book about the history and design of the caboose. It's a big beautiful really expensive book!  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006RT1TI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_GFpEFbBJE1828. He sold a bunch of them to like minded rail nuts. That's why I used to work with him. He retired, then sold his place and moved to Georgia.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group