Author Topic: Cancelled account, doesn't make sense in this horde format anymore  (Read 11989 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Cancelled account, doesn't make sense in this horde format anymore
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2020, 05:10:21 PM »
country loyalty is not a problem violator. i normally play late at night 9pm pst or later, yes we have eny but it's the same crowd. i hardly change countries as the only reason would be to avoid eny.  otoh I'm beginning to enjoy the p47s.

i still enjoy the game, I can fight in a furball if i feel like it or bomb towns or strats if i feel like flying alone. sometimes i even go on a nice ride in a gv.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2020, 05:16:58 PM »
country loyalty is not a problem violator. i normally play late at night 9pm pst or later, yes we have eny but it's the same crowd. i hardly change countries as the only reason would be to avoid eny.  otoh I'm beginning to enjoy the p47s.

i still enjoy the game, I can fight in a furball if i feel like it or bomb towns or strats if i feel like flying alone. sometimes i even go on a nice ride in a gv.

If you like the Thunderbolt, you'll love the Corsair.  :D

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2020, 05:18:40 PM »
country loyalty is not a problem violator.

I think it's pretty easy to make a case that it doesn't help.  With the vast majority being country loyal, myself included mostly against my will, it really limits what you can do.

Most people log in and if they can't find what they want for a fight, they log rather than change sides and possibly enhance gameplay.  But country loyalty, ENY, and the side switch timer have been hashed and rehashed ad nauseum.  They all combine to produce what we have when numbers are low, and they ain't changing anytime soon.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2020, 06:32:10 PM »
With the vast majority being country loyal, myself included mostly against my will,

How's that work, exactly? Shock collar? Your family is held hostage?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2020, 07:19:18 PM »
And I should care because????
I raised my kids well. I'm not raising anyone else's.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2020, 11:08:09 PM »
How's that work, exactly? Shock collar? Your family is held hostage?

Pretty simple really.  Squad is country loyal.  I would prefer to fly with them than not.  I won't switch because if some of them show up and I'm stuck on the other side, it's no fun.  And I don't care to ask them to switch.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2020, 07:08:55 AM »
Squad is 'country' loyal.  I would prefer ...  I won't switch ...  And I don't care ...

Excuses noted ;). (Squad night every night? That's amazing.)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2020, 07:57:31 AM »
Excuses noted ;). (Squad night every night? That's amazing.)

I realize it may be difficult for you to imagine but other people have friends and often enjoy their company.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2020, 08:11:35 AM »
I realize it may be difficult for you to imagine but other people have friends and often enjoy their company.

Not difficult at all. People also tend to gravitate to similar personalities. In my squad we take into account the situation in the arena and are willing to adjust to improve the experience for everyone. And even if we end up with someone who is stuck to a side because of a recent switch, there is no animosity or resentment over it and each one of us have friendships across the spectrum (and are welcomed wherever we fly). So, actually, we probably have many more friends in the game than your 'country' centric squad. If you want to rationalize why you 'can't' switch sides, by all means. It really is your decision.  :aok

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2020, 08:17:16 AM »
Not difficult at all. People also tend to gravitate to similar personalities. In my squad we take into account the situation in the arena and are willing to adjust to improve the experience for everyone. And even if we end up with someone who is stuck to a side because of a recent switch, there is no animosity or resentment over it and each one of us have friendships across the spectrum (and are welcomed wherever we fly). So, actually, we probably have many more friends in the game than your 'country' centric squad. If you want to rationalize why you 'can't' switch sides, by all means. It really is your decision.  :aok

Well, the main thing is you found a way to feel superior to people.  :aok

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2020, 08:36:40 AM »
Well, the main thing is you found a way to feel superior to people (me).  :aok

That's all you got from my response? Myeah, ok.  :D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2020, 09:24:39 AM »

Wiley.

While he may not have been PC in his response, the flip side is there are a lot of new friends to make on the other sides.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2020, 09:54:16 AM »
While he may not have been PC in his response, the flip side is there are a lot of new friends to make on the other sides.

Yep.  There are plenty of reasons, advantages, and disadvantages to doing both.  People make their choices based on the relative weights of those advantages and disadvantages to them.  Back when the switch time was inadvertantly set to 1 hour, I used to switch often.  If a squaddie showed up, I usually only had minutes to wait before I could switch back.

He asked.  I told him.  He dismissed my response as "excuses" and set himself up as one of the "enlightened people that choose to improve the experience for the poor, misguided peons who don't".

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2020, 10:01:07 AM »
He asked.  I told him.  He dismissed my response as "excuses" and set himself up as one of the "enlightened people that choose to improve the experience for the poor, misguided peons who don't".

In other words, I was 'too' blunt and your feelings got butthurt? C'mon, you're bound to be less fragile than that (see? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt).

If you don't ever want to ever change sides ever (because, as you posted, not switching 'is mostly against your 'will' ... or not really) then own up to it. It's ok. But don't try to lay on me a litany of excuses that don't really float. Alright now, friends? :)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2020, 10:10:01 AM »
In other words, I was 'too' blunt and your feelings got butthurt? C'mon, you're bound to be less fragile than that (see? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt).

Not butthurt at all, I simply responded in kind and pointed out what you were really saying.

If you don't ever want to ever change sides ever (because, as you posted, not switching 'is mostly against your 'will' ... or not really) then own up to it. It's ok. But don't try to lay on me a litany of excuses that don't really float. Alright now, friends? :)

It's little to do with "side" and mostly to do with "squad".  Nothing is perfect.  One of the minor downsides (for me) with my squad is they don't switch.  The rest of the things about the squad more than make up for that to me.

I wish the game was treated more like pickup football by the players instead of the rabid country loyalty most seem to exhibit, but that's not the way it works.  I have made my choices, and I live with them.

Wiley.

JG11