Author Topic: Cancelled account, doesn't make sense in this horde format anymore  (Read 11989 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Cancelled account, doesn't make sense in this horde format anymore
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2020, 10:14:34 AM »
I wish the game was treated more like pickup football by the players instead of the rabid country loyalty most seem to exhibit, but that's not the way it works (for me).  I have made my choices, and I live with them.

That, I can respect.  :salute

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2020, 11:30:32 AM »

Every year, a couple facets of gameplay are lost but many were here for the variety of action.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2020, 12:22:57 PM »

I wish the game was treated more like pickup football by the players instead of the rabid country loyalty most seem to exhibit, but that's not the way it works.  I have made my choices, and I live with them.

Wiley.

Would be great indeed.....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2020, 03:03:50 PM »
Its tough when there really is no "path to follow" objectives. When you log in and see both teams doubling teaming the knights, then in the evening, both teams double teaming the bish. There is nothing a single player can do. You can scream on channel for 30 min to attack the other team, but no one will listen. That makes it tough for the "take bases/win the war" crowd, which can be frustrating for players.

If one player switches it doesn't change ENY very much or at all. There is no incentive for players to switch other than they can fly their super plane on the other team, but that doesn't mean they will find fights with it either.

Its a do what you will type of game and with that, means a lack of organizational strategy. This can be frustrating, but that is just how the game is. Thats why I really don't think ENY with lower than 75 players works because generally players aren't working together and fighting 2 or 3 guys really doesn't make it any more lopsided than it normally is. I think players not being able to fly their super plane vs 2 or 3 guys is pointless and will probably just get them to log. If anything just make the planes be perked.

I honestly think ENY for late war planes should be under 10 and most of them should be perked 1-5 perks. There has got to be more incentives in flying mid war planes. Fighting a bunch of yak3s i think has turned a lot of players off.
Just because a plane doesn't have ord, doesn't mean they arent effective in other areas like fighters where the majority of players spend their time.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2020, 03:49:35 PM »
so you have targets on both fronts you complain, no targets on any front you complain.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2020, 04:55:16 PM »
I raised my kids well. I'm not raising anyone else's.

Now starting in left field
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2020, 05:22:01 PM »
so you have targets on both fronts you complain, no targets on any front you complain.

semp

You clearly missed my point. I'm talking about the win the war crowd and lack of organizational strategy.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2020, 06:20:55 PM »
You clearly missed my point. I'm talking about the win the war crowd and lack of organizational strategy.

you talking to the win the war, and yes strategy.  there's a few of us,  we just don't scream on country.  people always join us.

semp

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2020, 07:29:56 PM »
There is only momentum when the numbers are right... 14 -0 is the right number .... it works and it is glorious

Seriously ... the imbalance at the time you are talking about semp is just caustic ...

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2020, 08:25:07 PM »
It was me and 10 rooks the other night vs. 31 knights and 12 bish, I appreciated the eny. Had the field 4 of us were defending had vehicle spawn ins it would have been pointless to put up a fight. We could handle A6m3, F4F and F4U-1.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2020, 05:13:39 AM »
There is only momentum when the numbers are right... 14 -0 is the right number .... it works and it is glorious

Seriously ... the imbalance at the time you are talking about semp is just caustic ...

maybe but bishops and rooks won't take my calls anymore when they have no players online.

however sometimes it's hilarious, few days ago, we couldn't take a port, auto ack would pop just at the right moment. we probably could have won the war if we had left the port alone, but it became personal. by the time we went to the next base 2 rooks were awake, eny was only like 25+. so they killed us all at will, but i had fun.

semp

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2020, 12:06:21 PM »
I raised my kids well. I'm not raising anyone else's.

:rofl  Classic.
Who is John Galt?

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2020, 12:28:28 PM »
maybe but bishops and rooks won't take my calls anymore when they have no players online.

however sometimes it's hilarious, few days ago, we couldn't take a port, auto ack would pop just at the right moment. we probably could have won the war if we had left the port alone, but it became personal. by the time we went to the next base 2 rooks were awake, eny was only like 25+. so they killed us all at will, but i had fun.

semp

yeah I was the goon driver on the first drop...still don't know what happened to that first trooper....he just died... but logged in and saw the call and of I went...it wasn't till I was on my way I looked at the numbers and went...pathetic..(to be honest I already knew the deal...it has been that way for a few tours).. and changed sides...but by the time the 30mins was up that I gave before turning my attention to Knits it was all over and they were attacking bish and I was stuck. I did manage to get a good Ju88 run in though (only a little shovel was used in the production of the last couple of sentences hahaha)

Offline BSB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2020, 01:43:51 PM »
Sorry to see you go Dragdad.  You have been a great squaddie.  Good winds to you and check back in every so often.  You will be missed.

Craig
BSB in game
I've noticed there's one nut that seems to fly a 39 and actually get kills in it. I'm not sure what's wrong with them...

Hazmatt

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2020, 02:42:51 AM »
 Can't blame you. It just wasn't fun anymore. Miss the people. Not the BS.