Author Topic: Cancelled account, doesn't make sense in this horde format anymore  (Read 11992 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Cancelled account, doesn't make sense in this horde format anymore
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2020, 12:22:45 PM »
I know there are many recent threads about ENY but why was ENY done away with?

Did Hitech post any reason for doing it?

Likely, to show everyone why it exists.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2020, 12:40:33 PM »
I know there are many recent threads about ENY but why was ENY done away with?

Did Hitech post any reason for doing it?

There was a hand full of people complaining they couldn't fly their monster ride while on the high number side. In very low number times it was a problem. Now without it..... it is a much larger problem I guess.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2020, 04:03:35 PM »
Likely, to show everyone why it exists.

Is it working iyo?

When I’m on it’s hard to tell, I aim for evening hours with more targets. I’ve heard both yea & nay but really not that much either way.

A different topic is kind of dominating 200...
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2020, 12:12:01 AM »
Miss you too,Brother! While I havnt been around as long....? I remember VIVIDLY, how exciting fighting YOU was!! What would it take, to get you playing again? HONEST QUESTION!!! If I have to send 6 cases of Scotland's best to Dale...worth it!!!! Losing you fellers breaks my Heart!!!! Brother...I would pay your Subscription, if for nothing more than you giving Monday Night Madness a go!!!!!!! Same goes for Dragdad as well!! You wont be disappointed!! My Niece has started playing(since May 15 ish) and how can I teach Her, without Awesome Adversaries?  I AM SERIOUS!!!! Mon Night Madness is ABSOLUTELY the most fun I have ever experienced, in AH!   I bet $15.00 that I am RIGHT! Best $15:00 I have ever spent!!! GIVE IT A GO!!!

As is known, we were a small squad and we lost two of our members. My good friend Joe being one of them. After that my heart wasn't really in it. Maybe one day.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2020, 07:05:08 AM »
As is known, we were a small squad and we lost two of our members. My good friend Joe being one of them. After that my heart wasn't really in it. Maybe one day.

Understood. Rest in peace, Joe.  :salute

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2020, 09:42:14 AM »
Is it working iyo?

When I’m on it’s hard to tell, I aim for evening hours with more targets. I’ve heard both yea & nay but really not that much either way.

A different topic is kind of dominating 200...

Eny restrictions don't work because if both high # teams are fighting each other, it defeats the purpose. Both teams could gang the low # side. It wouldn't matter because even with even sides 2 sides ganging one side itcreates an embalance. If both teams took all of the low sides bases, those teams would have to fight each other to win. Generally it comes down to the size of the fight you are currently in, so even if your side has the low $s, it could be winning the current fight. In essence what you have with ENY restrictions is the high #s teams logging off when they can't jabo or fly P51Ds to attack the other high # team  thus creating lower #s in the arena, thus making the fights smaller and the #s lower. In fighter planes you can still fly yak3s most of the time, so getting jumped by 3 of them is no different than getting jumped by 3 la7s or spits. Therefore you will get ganged regardless of the eny cap anyway.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2020, 10:43:01 AM »
Eny restrictions don't work because if both high # teams are fighting each other, it defeats the purpose.

ENY works as designed. It restricts the higher populated side when there is a major imbalance. If two sides are that way, it restricts them both but not the third. The lower numbered side is unrestricted. Players are broken.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2020, 11:54:03 AM »
ENY works as designed. It restricts the higher populated side when there is a major imbalance. If two sides are that way, it restricts them both but not the third. The lower numbered side is unrestricted. Players are broken.

The low #s side is low because there is none or very little action on that side in the AM. Why would players want to switch to a side with no action? If you restrict both high # sides with eny, they will log because they cannot attack the other side with high #s with jabo planes. Therefore both teams are now stuck in low eny planes which means players are going to log off due to boredom. When these players log off, It makes the fights smaller all around and makes the #s lower all around. Personally, I like that either A. These planes get perked higher rather than totally restricted. Or B. The low #s side has bases that are harder to capture, ie harsher ack, 15 minute down times only, ect. I simply believe that restrictions on flying planes makes more log off rather than help the low #s side be more successful. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2020, 11:59:19 AM »
You're not describing broken design. You're describing broken play. The 'no fight' argument is driven by players not initiating one. Fights don't really require being only a couple of minutes away. But the fight will get closer once initiated.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2020, 11:59:52 AM »
The low #s side is low because there is none or very little action on that side in the AM. Why would players want to switch to a side with no action? If you restrict both high # sides with eny, they will log because they cannot attack the other side with high #s with jabo planes. Therefore both teams are now stuck in low eny planes which means players are going to log off due to boredom. When these players log off, It makes the fights smaller all around and makes the #s lower all around. Personally, I like that either A. These planes get perked higher rather than totally restricted. Or B. The low #s side has bases that are harder to capture, ie harsher ack, 15 minute down times only, ect. I simply believe that restrictions on flying planes makes more log off rather than help the low #s side be more successful.

Usually most of the action is on the low number side as both other sides are attacking.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2020, 12:39:21 PM »
Usually most of the action is on the low number side as both other sides are attacking.

Refer to my post above the one you quoted.

Generally I never see both sides attacking the low #s side. In any case, eny wouldn't matter because both teams ganging 1 would still put the one team at a disadvantage even with even #s. Both teams can only take so many bases anyway. So eventually they would have to take the other teams bases to win. If they have to fly 109fs to win the map, they arent going to have fun with that and will log.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2020, 01:01:17 PM »
If they have to fly 109fs to win the map, they arent going to have fun with that and will log.

Broken .... players.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2020, 06:23:38 AM »
There was a hand full of people complaining they couldn't fly their monster ride while on the high number side. In very low number times it was a problem. Now without it..... it is a much larger problem I guess.

NOT this
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2020, 06:26:04 AM »

NOT this either. Arlo does play, he’s only on the boards so this is all conjecture.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2020, 06:48:40 AM »
Arlo does play, he’s only on the boards so this is all conjecture.

Arlo does play, he's only on the boards?  :headscratch: