Author Topic: Re- Upping  (Read 1157 times)

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
Re- Upping
« on: October 10, 2020, 07:17:41 AM »
Thinking about joining again, I don't have stick and rudders or VR. Any suggestions?
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Re- Upping
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 08:00:54 AM »
If you can find one, a Thrustmaster T16000 (joystick only) has onboard twist (rudder) handle and slider (throttle) control.

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 12:45:44 PM »
Thanks. I dug my old Saitek X52 from my closet, Trying to remember all the old settings :)
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline Windycty

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 01:14:59 PM »
Welcome back! In addition to a joystick, a good headset and mic are also helpful.  :aok
"Four fried chickens and a Coke"

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 01:23:20 PM »
get VR if you can swing for it. Whole different ball game.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 04:13:27 PM »
Thinking about joining again, I don't have stick and rudders or VR. Any suggestions?

Yes..... get them   :D

Howdy!!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 11:32:42 AM »
get VR if you can swing for it. Whole different ball game.

This, this, this. I can't play AH any other way now, VR for the win!!!
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 12:44:14 PM »
This, this, this. I can't play AH any other way now, VR for the win!!!

I just put together my new machine yesterday. It is more than capable for VR. I may go that route soon myself.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 07:01:06 AM »
I just put together my new machine yesterday. It is more than capable for VR. I may go that route soon myself.

You should Shuffler

The difference is immense..it is a whole different sim and experience

As HT still allows joystick hat views - the VR combat sim in AH is better than any other ww2 a2a sim on the market today IMO.

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 01:44:14 AM »
You should Shuffler

The difference is immense..it is a whole different sim and experience

As HT still allows joystick hat views - the VR combat sim in AH is better than any other ww2 a2a sim on the market today IMO.

<S>

Eagler

This. Make sure you map hat back to view back setting. This way you won't break your neck 10 minutes into the game.
You'll get used to it fast enough.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2020, 02:21:31 AM »

This. Make sure you map hat back to view back setting. This way you won't break your neck 10 minutes into the game.
You'll get used to it fast enough. "Chair YOGA" :rofl
AMEN!!!! If you need/wear Prescription Glasses, check out "widmovr" lens inserts  :rock
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 02:31:30 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2020, 02:30:15 AM »
You wont regret it!!!! Lilblizz is using VR, RIFTS, and you already know how much of a Pain she is!!! :rofl I have an extra Headset/Rift 1, if you want to give it a try? The "S" is way better...but the Rift1 would give you a fairly good starting point and can update later if it works for ya! A lot more Screen Door Effect...but STILL BETTER than standard 2d/TrakIR game play! Just holler, and its on the way :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2020, 02:32:43 AM »

You'll get used to it fast enough.
Chair Yoga  :rofl Best exercise EVER  :rofl