Author Topic: power supply  (Read 2799 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: power supply
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2020, 04:07:45 PM »
got the power supply today.  opened the box, must have looked confused as my wife asked me if i could install it. I'll know in a couple of days.  having problems with my legs and back.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2020, 05:07:03 PM »
got the power supply today.  opened the box, must have looked confused as my wife asked me if i could install it. I'll know in a couple of days.  having problems with my legs and back.

semp

Hope you get to feeling better semp.   :salute

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2020, 06:02:28 PM »
Hope you get to feeling better semp.   :salute

Coogan

:salute

semp

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2020, 07:04:15 PM »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2020, 08:53:59 PM »
Semp, hope you're getting better quickly!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2020, 10:31:55 PM »
Semp, hope you're getting better quickly!

it's in, only took me 5 hours, well 3 hours to clean all the crap under my desk, 1 wifey was bothering me, 1/2 hour to drink beer with a straw, 5 minutes to install it.  still dont know what to do with the other billion cables they sent.  no more hissing so far.  game does look brighter, not sure if its ps or beer  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:.

semp

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2020, 03:09:45 AM »

it's in, only took me 5 hours, well 3 hours to clean all the crap under my desk, 1 wifey was bothering me, 1/2 hour to drink beer with a straw, 5 minutes to install it.  still dont know what to do with the other billion cables they sent.  no more hissing so far.  game does look brighter, not sure if its ps or beer  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:.

semp

Probably running cooler without all that stuff stacked around the case.  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2020, 03:58:39 PM »

semp

Glad you're back in action!   I've been missing my typically short AH adventures because my GPU went bad last month....but ASUS apparently now has it repaired, all packaged up and ready to return...so I should be back with a bit of time to practice a bit before next Saturday's scenario.     :cheers:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2020, 01:33:54 AM »
so for the last 3 days been having problems, puter would freeze, discos, finally today, computer refused to boot.  so I checked all connections, plugged, replugged, whatever.  was on the floor for like almost 2 hours, checking everything.  checked power strip, looks normal.  then i pushed myself to look at back and found the problem.  when i installed the ps I didnt push the cord all the way in, i thought it was in.

so now, no freezes, no boots, well except my mobo reset to standard, and I need to find the book to make my ram ran at full speed plus a slight oc.

semp

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2020, 05:21:39 AM »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2020, 06:21:07 AM »
checking everything.  checked power strip, looks normal.  then i pushed myself to look at back and found the problem.  when i installed the ps I didnt push the cord all the way in, i thought it was in.
You know, I get paid for going to the location to push the cord all the way in... The best case was when I was called because of a monitor not working. Four (4) people, a couple in their 50's and their daughter and son-in-law were watching the miracle happen when I pushed the plug upwards for half an inch. It was amazing how the thick and heavy power cord could stay in the downwards facing slot by friction only!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2020, 06:57:22 AM »
Ive done things like that too, then when I explain what I did, I get told that

1. They already done that and it didnt fix it
2. I did something else instead of what I told them/im lying
3. It just magically started working (after I plugged in the power strip that was on a drop cord and plugged in a completely different spot then the computer, or it is on a switched outlet that they had totally forgotten was there and just turned off all the switches to save on the electric)

Then the kicker is "Am I going to get charged for this?", then the "Thats not right to make me pay to have someone come out and fix something so simple"

« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 06:59:54 AM by Meatwad »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2020, 10:18:47 AM »
No one has argued the price. Then again, I usually do some maintenance for the minimum cost of half an hour. Cleaning temporary files and checking that both Windows and the anti-virus are up to date make your visit worth the money and you're still ahead of your schedule.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni