Author Topic: Thoughts on ENY  (Read 2507 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Thoughts on ENY
« on: October 20, 2020, 01:37:12 AM »
We have had a few recent "threads" about ENY lately! Really hate to start another, just didnt want to get lost in the thread...so to speak :uhoh   ENY hasnt bothered me for YEARS NOW! ENY, was the Force, that introduced me to Early War Birds...so cant hate ENY! :rock   Would it make a difference, if ENY affected "Object Hardness's" or "Down Times" instead of Plane Choice ? How hard to Code this? IMHO, this just might be a FIX?(and have available, a case of Scottlands BEST to try it out) Folk can still fly Late War planes(maybe stopping player drop offs) but the "STRONG TEAM" would need to coordinate to a higher level!(IE missions and TEAM WORK...which is lacking these days). It would give the Disadvantaged Side a check, on the Strong side, even if all planes were equal?  I bring this up, because it is already obvious, that Country Loyalty hinders ENY offsets. To me, this application would be easier to swallow? YES... there will always be detractors...just want to see what you Brothers think :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Thoughts on ENY
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 05:13:02 AM »
Really wish someone could teach Mindy's gimp how to formulate paragraphs.  :old:

On the question of his suggestion; It wouldn't work, as (simplified) 10xP51s vs 2xP51s/5xTigerTanks vs 2xTiger Tanks are still a gameplay balance issue.

ENY balances Effectiveness. Only the selfish have an issue with ENY or sit in the tower because of it. ENY is not the problem, the players are.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 07:07:20 AM »
I have suggested adjusting downtimes as a substitute for ENY, but the idea didn't seem to get any support.

Scaling downtimes according to side numbers balance mitigates the high-number side's advantage and also creates an incentive to attack that high-number side, rather then join in a 2v1 against the low-number side.  Adjusted downtimes would also reduce the time spent resupplying or guarding prepped fields against sneaks -- the most boring activities in the game.

That said, I'm sure there would be a way to game the downtime scheme.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 09:15:45 AM »
No matter.... some people will complain if they can't hord in their monster machines.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 11:07:18 AM »
There has been a number of good suggestions to help with ENY or replace it but much like adding planes/vehicles I think Hitech is done with Aces High. My guess is the next update we will see....... other than maintenance updates..... will be to the web page when he announces the date the game will be shutting  down.

Its too bad, I think the game has so much potential left in such a small market. It could easily be the top in subscriptions/popularity again, it just needs some updating to keep up with the changing times in the online gaming industry.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 12:51:35 PM »
Oh no!  Not another thread on ENY!!!!  I dint know their were this many children in game that could all cry at the same time.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 01:16:47 PM »
There has been a number of good suggestions to help with ENY or replace it but much like adding planes/vehicles I think Hitech is done with Aces High. My guess is the next update we will see....... other than maintenance updates..... will be to the web page when he announces the date the game will be shutting  down.

Its too bad, I think the game has so much potential left in such a small market. It could easily be the top in subscriptions/popularity again, it just needs some updating to keep up with the changing times in the online gaming industry.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 01:25:09 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

One of these days, the guys that have been saying this for the last 19 years or so are going to be able to go, "SEE?!  We were right!!"

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 01:37:29 PM »
I like this idea of reducing damage or down times. I think it goes right along with how ENY hurts attack planes the most. Id rather have people in planes bombing stuff than for them to be sitting in the tower figuring out what galopee they are going to fly next. Making all of these planes unplayable is terrible for New sticks.

Or just perk the planes as the ENY increases.

Switching sides is boring as there might not be a fight over there. You cannot get 5 people to switch sides. If you are the only one switching teams, its not going to make any difference in ENY or unfairness in #s. I think with 3 sides and low #s, you have to come to the conclusion that one team will always have minimal #s.

People want action, not flying Microsoft flight simulator in your P51 after switching sides to a team with 5 players who aren't doing much and who aren't being attacked.

I switched to the low #s side the other day, the fight died after an hour. I was stuck. My team with the low #s were now hoarding the other side. The other teams began fighting each other. I left as it was boring and couldn't switch back.

By eliminating planes during off hours, ENY is merely just giving a great incentive to log off as you cant fly what you want, and unfortunately can't play any other time periods. It's a great damper on the off hours players to not get to fight the way you want.

I honestly don't blame the guys for these complaints.

A low #s team is only fighting 3-5 guys anyway, that's really not an embalance if your low #s team is fighting against them. A 3 on 5 fight is normal and sometimes even the low #s team has more players in the current fight.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 01:56:43 PM »
Really wish someone could teach Mindy's gimp how to formulate paragraphs.  :old:

Cmon man thats a low blow for a guy standing up for a girl who was being mistreated in here. Going after someone over 1v1s and such is one thing. Calling a girl a woman pretetender is pretty low for AH players and she deserved to be stood up for.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 03:43:11 PM »
Oh no!  Not another thread on ENY!!!!  I dint know their were this many children in game that could all cry at the same time.
:rofl Wasnt crying thread. Its just when I hear it in game, it stays on my mind :uhoh Maybe letting cry babies do there thing and ignoring them is better? It just sticks with me! Has to be a better way? Eh, folk will do what they do no matter how much you fix stuff because its different.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2020, 03:46:09 PM »

On the question of his suggestion; It wouldn't work, as (simplified) 10xP51s vs 2xP51s/5xTigerTanks vs 2xTiger Tanks are still a gameplay balance issue.

ENY balances Effectiveness. Only the selfish have an issue with ENY or sit in the tower because of it. ENY is not the problem, the players are.
:rofl Yes, sentence structure is NOT a priority. I have a hard enough time just typing..and trying to get it down...its an MS thing, sorry.   

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2020, 03:52:20 PM »
Cmon man thats a low blow for a guy standing up for a girl who was being mistreated in here. Going after someone over 1v1s and such is one thing. Calling a girl a woman pretetender is pretty low for AH players and she deserved to be stood up for.
:aok  :salute

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2020, 05:08:26 PM »
Because what we really needed was a third ENY thread. C'mon 1stpar!

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 05:59:56 PM »
Because what we really needed was a third ENY thread. C'mon 1stpar!

You seem to enjoy occupying them all.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane