Author Topic: The Tesla Semi will replace The Diesel Semi  (Read 13799 times)

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
Re: The Tesla Semi will replace The Diesel Semi
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2021, 06:07:16 PM »
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2021, 09:35:40 PM »
I can't wait to see these burn to the ground at the bottom of coopers rock. It will be a sight to behold!

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2021, 10:28:37 PM »
so where does all this great electricity come from?

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2021, 06:54:29 AM »

Hamster wheels, a bajillion of them
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2021, 10:10:37 AM »

Mostly, biofuel plants (burning trees - more C02), coal (even more C02), some nuclear, some of it hydro, more natural gas (more C02), and it's all assembled by robots run on electricity.

And, oh, by the way, you have to buy something new, you can't convert an existing truck either. Buy! Buy! Buy! Consumerism at its finest.

So, tell me again how this is saving the planet?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 10:14:01 AM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2021, 11:57:11 AM »
I conserve already... my home is electric. My truck is diesel.

Oddly enough they have always said my home would be more efficient on gas.....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2021, 12:06:28 PM »
Mostly, biofuel plants (burning trees - more C02), coal (even more C02), some nuclear, some of it hydro, more natural gas (more C02), and it's all assembled by robots run on electricity.

And, oh, by the way, you have to buy something new, you can't convert an existing truck either. Buy! Buy! Buy! Consumerism at its finest.

So, tell me again how this is saving the planet?

Its just like the DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) that is mandated on all modern diesel engines. Saving the environment one plastic bottle at a time!

Ill just keep driving my 23 year old pickup truck that gets 10 mpg with a 350 v8 that has long since paid for its "carbon footprint"
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 12:09:08 PM by TryHard »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2021, 12:40:05 PM »
Yes the replacement of plastic will be from trees..that should end well

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fracdude

• Zinc Member
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2021, 01:26:16 PM »
@mano.....I don't think I'll ever be able to ride shotgun and let auto pilot drive but they are taking my shifting gears activity at from me anyways most of the new trucks are Auto shift I still have a 13 speed but mines older 2014..I miss my 2000 pete 379 with 18 speed it gave me something to do lol
I just drove a Western Star standard automatic, if you have ever seen one  :bhead :bhead :bhead i kept reaching for shifter every time I pushed the clutch in.  No power what so ever on hills.  As far as these green trucks go, they may be great for OTR stuff but I don't see them very good in mud or snow in the oilfield where I work.  We would have the front ripped off on the first pad we drove into that had mud.  I think I saw in that video 80k, some of our pumps are 90k and get into the coil tubing side, they are much much heavier.  I wouldn't mind driving one just to say i did  :P

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2021, 03:51:32 PM »
I just drove a Western Star standard automatic, if you have ever seen one  :bhead :bhead :bhead i kept reaching for shifter every time I pushed the clutch in.  No power what so ever on hills.  As far as these green trucks go, they may be great for OTR stuff but I don't see them very good in mud or snow in the oilfield where I work.  We would have the front ripped off on the first pad we drove into that had mud.  I think I saw in that video 80k, some of our pumps are 90k and get into the coil tubing side, they are much much heavier.  I wouldn't mind driving one just to say i did  :P
fracdude, now you have me curious......I've been doing frac support and drill outs in CO and ND the past few years, just got home from a 6 week deployment in CO last Wednesday.
Where are you working?  We've been fortunate enough to not screen out and need coil to come in and save the day but once since September, of course, that could all change in a minute.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2021, 05:50:32 PM »
Individual computerized traction control on each of the 4 motorized wheels and torque that diesel can't even dream of, and somehow the electric semi will be worse on ice, snow and mud. The message somehow just isn't getting through.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline fracdude

• Zinc Member
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2021, 06:51:01 PM »
fracdude, now you have me curious......I've been doing frac support and drill outs in CO and ND the past few years, just got home from a 6 week deployment in CO last Wednesday.
Where are you working?  We've been fortunate enough to not screen out and need coil to come in and save the day but once since September, of course, that could all change in a minute.
I spent 6 years in North Dakota, was working for Liberty up out of williston but the pay was garbage.  In wyoming working now.  We just had coil on our last pad, the casing was bad.  We pumped wireline down and just got into sand and pressure fell off, so we sent wireline back down with a plug and abbandoned half the well, got into sand again and pressure fell off again.  So we rigged out hahaha

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2021, 06:58:06 PM »
I spent 6 years in North Dakota, was working for Liberty up out of williston but the pay was garbage.  In wyoming working now.  We just had coil on our last pad, the casing was bad.  We pumped wireline down and just got into sand and pressure fell off, so we sent wireline back down with a plug and abbandoned half the well, got into sand again and pressure fell off again.  So we rigged out hahaha
Small world........Liberty has been doing the fracs on all the pads I've been on since September.  They were on another pad last month for a different company, had to have coil come in and work on one of the wells.  That was a Verdad pad. 
PM me, heck, we may know one another from our work.  No need to hijack this thread further.

Offline fracdude

• Zinc Member
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2021, 06:58:25 PM »
Individual computerized traction control on each of the 4 motorized wheels and torque that diesel can't even dream of, and somehow the electric semi will be worse on ice, snow and mud. The message somehow just isn't getting through.
its the ground clearance issue I was pointing out, i have driven through 2 feet of mud and slop. The tesla has less ground clearance than my pickup truck, would be a huge plow and then back up in a deep rut and rip the front end off.  Would probably be great for an OTR truck though :aok

Offline fracdude

• Zinc Member
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2021, 07:11:36 PM »
Small world........Liberty has been doing the fracs on all the pads I've been on since September.  They were on another pad last month for a different company, had to have coil come in and work on one of the wells.  That was a Verdad pad. 
PM me, heck, we may know one another from our work.  No need to hijack this thread further.
tried to pm you, dunno if it went through :headscratch: