Author Topic: Mirror in new Lighting  (Read 2436 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Mirror in new Lighting
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2020, 06:52:43 PM »
Just DLd the new patch. New 38 cockpits looks great, like the layout. I have the hps issue too but that's simple enough to fix. Initially I had a blank mirror in the 38L. I couldn't find a direct setting for it so I started messing around with graphics settings. For example, IL2 has a setting specifically for the mirrors with it's own quality slider. I've had environmental set to off, that was it. As soon as I put it to any setting I got the mirror to display. It displays but it's not really "working" as it seems it's either showing the view forward towards the cockpit canopy latches and instrument panel or if looking back is a mirror of a mirror where multiple rear images are overlaid on each other. This changes with raising or lowering of the environmental slider. Using VR.

Hmmm. 

I would imagine it would work very similar to the enviornment map settings.  That setting is simply reflections as well.

Coogan

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline pelota

• Zinc Member
Re: Mirror in new Lighting
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2020, 05:10:00 PM »
Just for decoration

Im sure most will still use their 6 hat view

Eagler

I think that it is the worst thing to leave it there for decorative purposes only: it blocks the anterior-top view in VR because the pilot is sitting higher up in the cockpit.

-Owl