Author Topic: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???  (Read 24153 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???
« Reply #180 on: December 09, 2020, 07:20:03 PM »
The idea of AI would be to balance the low side correct? So those of you always saying switch countries to the low side technically wouldnt be fighting the AI, right??

You would be fighting along with the AI and all of the heros tryng to balance ENY together.. in a broken system with maps too large and players split between three countries.

The logic some of you use is mind numbing.  I should go back to reading this and laughing rather than caring and replying.   :headscratch:

The point of the AI would give people something to do, and make the game look BUSY when it really isnt with new players.  It would be a win win.

This could be accompished with smaller maps.  Yesterday was mindanao map, tons of fights lots of fun.  Today i found myself on a large map shooting wirbles hiding in trees.  Same time of day, juat a different game board.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 07:32:57 PM by Lazerr »

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #181 on: December 10, 2020, 06:45:26 AM »
Pretty sure nobody's advocating you fighting nothing but AI 24/7. :)

Pretty sure I did not say anyone was advocating playing against AI 24/7.smh
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2020, 07:01:22 AM »

"I'd rather fight AI than fly around for 15 minutes to get to the next lopsided human a2a battle to have that plane fly to its unrealistically accurate 88 for protection"

Eagler

Have you done ANY research on how accurate the 88 was?

"The 88 earned its reputation as the best overall gun of the war. It was justifiably feared by Allied airmen, tankers, and foot soldiers because of its accuracy, lethality, and versatility. The weapon was deployed on German tanks, as an antitank gun, an assault gun, and for antiaircraft purposes."
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #183 on: December 10, 2020, 07:58:55 AM »
The 88 was accurate against waves of bombers flying formations in a straight line at a known alt.

Not against fighters buzzing around a base under 5k going > 300 mph

Some have honed the 88 to unreal capabilities.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: December 10, 2020, 09:04:04 AM »
I see a few regulars that bail from perfectly good planes and get straight in the 88. Its really sad.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #185 on: December 10, 2020, 09:41:30 AM »
There are offline boxed flight games that aren't 20+ years old that are anything like AH?

Your are not talking about AH now... you are talking about AH the AI game
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #186 on: December 10, 2020, 10:21:58 AM »
Your are not talking about AH now... you are talking about AH the AI game

Actually, *I'm* just talking about AH. Others are having a pre-emptive discussion about quitting the game if any AI are added to the MA and someone mentioned they'd rather play an 'offline boxed game' if that happened. That's when I asked if such an animal still exists that would satiate their need.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2020, 01:35:34 PM »
The 88 was accurate against waves of bombers flying formations in a straight line at a known alt.

Eagler

The problem is, we've got the opportunity to get way better at what we do than they did to do what they did.  We take more shots in a week playing than likely pretty much anybody took throughout the entire war.  The capabilities aren't precisely "unreal", the modeling is based on physics.  If the bullet goes through the space occupied by the vehicle, it hits it.  It's just that we have way more practice.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 10, 2020, 05:20:34 PM »
The problem is, we've got the opportunity to get way better at what we do than they did to do what they did.  We take more shots in a week playing than likely pretty much anybody took throughout the entire war.

Not only we have so much more practice, AH cartoon pilots also defy every real world regulation, common practice and common sense when doing so.

For example back in the day, I managed to kill even Tigers in my Hurri D by diving almost straight down on them to pierce their top deck.
Real world Hurri pilots never used that attack envelope as it borders on suicidal, which has no consequences in Aces High at all. Took me a lot of cartoon deaths to get any good at it, no real pilot ever had the chance to die a couple of times until he could perfect a totally crazy move.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2020, 02:18:53 PM »

Eagler

I don't think the history books mentioned waves of bomber alone. Allied airmen of all types feared the 88.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2020, 02:41:42 PM »
I see a few regulars that bail from perfectly good planes and get straight in the 88. Its really sad.

It is their money, you and others really don't have a say on how one wishes to play the game.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2020, 02:43:00 PM »
Actually, *I'm* just talking about AH. Others are having a pre-emptive discussion about quitting the game if any AI are added to the MA and someone mentioned they'd rather play an 'offline boxed game' if that happened. That's when I asked if such an animal still exists that would satiate their need.

The IL2 series.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2020, 03:31:25 AM »
It is their money, you and others really don't have a say on how one wishes to play the game.

Could you point to where I said they can’t or shouldn’t  bail from perfectly good planes?

Offline ULPink

• Copper Member
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2020, 02:09:47 PM »
I'll be back after the 23rd, I'll fight you in the MA or Matchplay!
Check Six!

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2020, 06:48:11 PM »
The IL2 series.
I think I paid $2.95 for the battle of Stalingrad on a Steam sale recently but now I just need to buy some more planes if I want them. I found Rise of Flight really hit me hard for DLC I just had to have a lot of them planes.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.