Author Topic: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???  (Read 23884 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Re: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2020, 08:23:11 AM »
I agree, the "JACKWAZD LANDED 7 KILLS" message needs to go away.  It does nothing to move gameplay in a positive fashion, and likely rewards tactics that are just boring in an online experience.  Score dweebs can see their score if they want to.

+1
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2020, 09:04:31 AM »
Lower numbers need smaller maps so there is less running and hiding and more forced engangements

MNM is the place to be for such an experience

<S>

Eagler

Agreed.... or terrains with active areas to keep the fight in certain areas. As bases are captured the area adjusts.... this way the large terrains can still be used.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2020, 10:49:57 AM »

I agree, the "JACKWAZD LANDED 7 KILLS" message needs to go away.  It does nothing to move gameplay in a positive fashion, and likely rewards tactics that are just boring in an online experience.  Score dweebs can see their score if they want to.   

Since we get a live play-by-play of every kill, I don't think many pay attention to the "landed kills" message anymore.  You hardly ever see a "WTG" when someone lands several kills.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2020, 02:53:44 PM »
Since we get a live play-by-play of every kill, I don't think many pay attention to the "landed kills" message anymore.  You hardly ever see a "WTG" when someone lands several kills.

I see wtg's all the time.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2020, 03:01:39 PM »
ok snowflakes, lets do this. BECOME INSPIRED TO FLY BETTER WHEN " " " JACKWAD" " " LANDS 7 KILLS, i see plenty of way to go's(dunno why bruh above had said he hardly sees a WTG, you must fly where nobody speaks a word except over voice, and last but not least, go back to the og chat, no play by play kill after kill.
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2020, 03:47:56 PM »
K.I.S.S.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2020, 04:04:44 PM »
K.I.S.S.

This works in most cases......
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2020, 04:30:25 PM »
How much did you spend on your new rig? Again it is irrelevant because he was talking about how the game has changed for the worst. His whole post had nothing to do with how much he spent other than pointing out he WANTED to invest in a good box to play what he THOUGHT was a good game, which unfortunately isn't quit as good as he remembers.

This exact sentiment.  I bought a machine that was good enough to do VR well and to move into the next iteration.  I was not implying you needed that to run this game at a base level.

I also bought peripherals... VKB stick and pedals, new warthog throttle and mounts, along with a SecretLab chair... all meant to get back into this game, which I've missed.  Those peripherals were over $1,500 together.

Thankfully, they can be used for other games, including DCS. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 04:32:04 PM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2020, 04:40:32 PM »
[SNIP]
I came back for about a month,  after an absence of 8 years, (spent about 4,000 bucks on A COMPLETE up-to-date RIG to play this game in particular).... I actually enjoyed the game maybe 3 hours out of that month.  I've spent almost all my flying time on DCS.

[/SNIP]

No biggy... I was just taking what you stated as fact. I built a new machine too.... but not for this game. It will easily handle VR also. That is one part of the game I did not take into consideration. It will take a bit more machine to handle the VR part.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2020, 06:23:57 AM »
If you fly and enjoy DCS you cant complain of slow and no action in AH

DCS is very pretty and fun if you prefer to wrestle your plane around the sky instead of flying it but plane choices suck.

You cant see crap and have no idea where the enemy even is..

You have ONE air battle after spending at least 30 minutes wandering around looking for a fight..

Though not as "pretty" .. for me AH is 1000x more exciting and enjoyable today than any other ww2 a2a online sim on the market today.

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2020, 10:59:06 AM »

DCS is very pretty and fun if you prefer to wrestle your plane around the sky instead of flying it but plane choices suck.

You have ONE air battle after spending at least 30 minutes wandering around looking for a fight..

Though not as "pretty" .. for me AH is 1000x more exciting and enjoyable today than any other ww2 a2a online sim on the market today.

<S>

Eagler

It is the best, we just need to convince 300 to 500 new players of that and get then 5o stay longer than an hour or two

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2020, 11:45:35 AM »
It is the best, we just need to convince 300 to 500 new players of that and get then 5o stay longer than an hour or two

This is FACT!
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2020, 03:57:07 PM »
This really matters to you. Meh.

:aok
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2020, 04:49:51 PM »

<S>

Eagler

The funny thing is, I enjoy DCS for the technical aspects of the flight, not the fighting.  I actually go through the entire pre-flight checks on each plane, through the startup card and and takeoff/landing checklists.  It's the sim part that I enjoy there. I honestly barely PvP.  I have been flying there with my brother in law, but he's an actual F-16 pilot....

Here, I just want to enjoy the fights, and not go through that much "simulation".  Unfortunately, I've found the arena to be generally underwhelming, versus the craziness that I remember.  It is simply my opinion.  Perhaps I will give it another go around and see if it holds up.  <S>
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2020, 06:29:12 PM »
Last night some new virtual pilots stopped into MnM. They was all about it. I told them why not get your moneys worth out of your subscription.

I guess that applies to everyone in this community. Why not get your moneys worth?

Custom arenas with the quickest fights on the internet anywhere. Why would you not take advantage of that? If you spend a 1/4 of your gaming time in the Ava, a 1/8 in the SEA and 5/8 of your time in the MA it would only cost you $9.40 for the subscription to the MA.

Something to think about
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys