Author Topic: Les Vin, Les Femmes et Les Chansons  (Read 2187 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Les Vin, Les Femmes et Les Chansons
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2020, 12:49:45 AM »
Lol!

You guys are hilarious!

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2020, 06:27:12 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys. I have slightly altered the colour balance of my bare metal colour away from red and towards green and then taken another screenshot from a similar angle. The upper screenshot is the original, the lower screenshot is the revised version. Does the new colour seem better to you?

Old metal colour:-

New metal colour:-

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2020, 08:32:20 AM »
Yeah, that looks better, Greebo.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2020, 08:34:19 AM »
It looks different.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2020, 08:37:24 AM »
Much better. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2020, 09:54:59 AM »
Good looking skin. I didn't notice the purple tinge until V said something. I don't see it on the updated version btw.  :cheers:

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2020, 10:29:46 AM »
Looks better.   I might take it half again as far as you did in your last adjustment and it will be heart-stopping perfection.  It has the slightest bit of purple and maybe blue.  Just a hair.   Not a lot.

Regardless this is a great improvement.   Looks really nice.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 10:33:08 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2020, 09:24:48 PM »
On my phone I see little if any difference. On my computer/TV it looks slightly less purple.

I am kind of thinking this is one of those optical illusions where if someone says a color, everyone can see it. It looks very good and if I stare at it awhile, I start seeing more of a purple.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2020, 09:28:48 PM »
On my phone I see little if any difference. On my computer/TV it looks slightly less purple.

I am kind of thinking this is one of those optical illusions where if someone says a color, everyone can see it. It looks very good and if I stare at it awhile, I start seeing more of a purple.

It’s not an illusion.    The new metal is better.   

I can see it on all my devices and comparing the two screenshots side by side it is evident there is a difference. 

Some people (obviously) perceive colors differently than others so not everyone will see the same thing.

:cheers:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2020, 10:59:07 PM »
Looks great!

I use to do photo color correcting for stainless steel cookware, was a very fine line to keep it neutral. We always went a tad warm rather than cold, it’s a colorless material that reflects what’s around it. I’d say it’s personal preference as to what’s right.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2020, 02:34:34 AM »
I think this may be something related to the in-game lighting, as to my eyes the original metal doesn't appear to have this tint in Paint Shop Pro or the skin viewer, even on the same monitor. I'll shift the metal a little bit more to the green but I don't want to take it too far that way.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2020, 08:24:45 AM »
Last night in VR I noticed purplish-pink splotches on the silver-painted wing top surface of on of my P-51 skins.  I didn't check the others, or check it outside of VR.  But I have flown in VR before with this plane and never noticed the splotches before.  I wonder if some aspect of ingame lighting has changed?

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2020, 08:53:00 AM »
It could be just that you weren't looking for it before, Vraciu noticed it on another of my skins a while back.

The original metal colour I used was RGB 122/122/135, so basically a blue tinted medium grey. Even with brown dirt layers on top the metal areas were not shifted towards red when I used a colour picker in Paint Shop Pro. So if your base metal colour also has red and green equally balanced then I'd expect a similar result to mine in the game. The second revision to my metal colour is now RGB 119/125/134, the very slight greenish tint looks a little odd in PSP but it disappears in the game.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2020, 10:41:44 AM »
It could be just that you weren't looking for it before, Vraciu noticed it on another of my skins a while back.

The original metal colour I used was RGB 122/122/135, so basically a blue tinted medium grey. Even with brown dirt layers on top the metal areas were not shifted towards red when I used a colour picker in Paint Shop Pro. So if your base metal colour also has red and green equally balanced then I'd expect a similar result to mine in the game. The second revision to my metal colour is now RGB 119/125/134, the very slight greenish tint looks a little odd in PSP but it disappears in the game.

I've always seen it.   I mentioned it privately awhile back and you said you thought it was lighting, but I know it isn't.  So now that you're on a new shape I brought it up again. 

The skin viewer lighting does not match the game.   This has long frustrated me.

Do what you think best.  The adjustment is a big Improvement and I think that's the consensus among those who weighed in. 

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2020, 10:52:32 AM »
To rephrase, yes, it IS lighting of a sort.   Our diffuse files are interpreted and displayed by the graphics engine.  This changes how they look which means you have to do stuff to your artwork in order to compensate.  It looks weird when you're working on it but winds up looking okay in the game.
”KILLER V”
The Damned