Author Topic: Festivus is here  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
Festivus is here
« on: December 12, 2020, 03:36:08 PM »
Aces High with it's MA and hosted events is a place where people from around the world can come in and do something fun on their own or with a with a large group. Some of the squads in here have been together for many years and friendships have resulted because of it. Many have met in the outside world and many have not. I believe that we all look forward to going into the game to escape our day to day and pit our skills against others, share stories with our squaddies and generally just have a little fun.
 There are times though when I log into the game and things don't go like I want them to go and I get frustrated to the point where I just need to log off and do something else. I will say that for me personally, my frustration may have nothing to do with the game and more about what is happening in my life. And while I may offer a curse or three during the moment of said, "Where's my check 6? or I hit him squarely 3 times, nothing, and I get hit once! or Where the hell is he?" I don't reach out verbally with anything more than a 'sigh' and perhaps a <<S>>. I've been on both sides of said equations so acting out and calling someone derogatory names or accusing them of cheating is beneath me and I will have no part of it. Occasionally I will fly Knight on Friday night with my FSO squad and I have to laugh when I hear the same exact complaints that I heard earlier from my Bishop brethren. And the constant complaining and droning on of some of the "lifers" in here during a battle is sometimes overwhelming, especially on the ground where you really need your ears to hear movement. I admit I get a little noisy on the vox sometimes, but it's usually all in fun, and I try to keep it tame when thing's get heated.
So, what is my point? Well, it is Festivus and the airing of grievances is one of the norms. Sometimes I think that so many of you bring the real world into a place where that should be left behind. Perhaps you believe that Aces high is solely for your enjoyment when it is in fact meant for all who come in here. Some good natured ribbing is to be expected, but some of you are just downright awful. Perhaps there is something that is happening in your real life that you are dealing with and it is causing you so much stress that you come in here and lash out at those who are just trying to have their little slice of enjoyment. And perhaps you are one of those who won't take crap from anyone whether it's in your world or the Aces high world. Some of you may be alcoholics and you just don't care about anyone in here, at home or even yourself. Whatever it is that you are dealing with, I hope you are able to confront your real world problems and realize the potential that you have in your real life. I believe that most people in here are decent people. But the demons that possess them can ruin more than just someone's fun in the game, it can have real world consequences.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza and Festivus. Peace.

Bannor

Rich Harrison
Destiny brought you here, now FATE will deal with your six!

Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Offline LilBlizz

• Zinc Member
Re: Festivus is here
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 06:40:18 PM »
<S> Bannor, very well said!!

We all have to remember that it is in fact just a game, and we all just have FUN!! Yes, it gets frustrating at times but all in all it is a very fun game, I sure have enjoyed playing!!

:salute
LilBlizz/ULBlizz
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 08:35:19 PM by LilBlizz »
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." -Albert Einstein
Never be afraid of failure.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 08:02:46 PM »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 08:27:05 PM »
Well said Bannor. <S>

These are tough times.

Season Greetings to all !

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 10:49:07 AM »
Well put Bannor, I always smile when I hear the "cricket". I know you have my back covered.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 10:56:13 AM »
Merry Christmas Bannor and to you and yours.... Happy New Year.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 05:17:11 PM »
Well put Bannor, I always smile when I hear the "cricket". I know you have my back covered.  :salute

LOL! You are most welcome my friend!  :salute

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 05:19:55 PM »
Thank you gentlemen. These are unprecedented times we are in. To better times ahead!  :cheers: :salute

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2020, 07:04:07 PM »
Thank you gentlemen. These are unprecedented times we are in. To better times ahead!  :cheers: :salute

I certainly hope so.  :cheers:
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2020, 01:04:15 AM »
Festivus for the rest of us  :rock

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2020, 10:25:28 PM »
First we'll have the airing of grievances!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2020, 10:53:00 PM »
Followed by feats of strength!
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2020, 12:05:26 AM »
Speaking of ranting and raving have you heard about our election......... oh never mind. :x :banana: :neener:
Tour 70 2005 to present