Author Topic: Active Aces High Squadrons  (Read 8254 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: Active Aces High Squadrons
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2020, 05:32:05 PM »
I'm still active... members have dwindled away so my squad probably doesn't even register.... but the squad is still there for any wanting to be part of a almost no rules squad... I say almost because I won't stand being a dick... the odd crazy moment sure... but not a constant... and the name.... it's all about your call sign to make the squad awesome

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2020, 05:37:07 PM »
I'm still active... members have dwindled away so my squad probably doesn't even register.... but the squad is still there for any wanting to be part of a almost no rules squad... I say almost because I won't stand being a dick... the odd crazy moment sure... but not a constant... and the name.... it's all about your call sign to make the squad awesome

Yep, that one came up. :)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2020, 05:39:03 PM »
yeah that is reaching back a long way... skewer hasn't been on this year I don't think... yet it shows he has

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2020, 05:42:04 PM »
yep... went and had a look... that thing is sooo broken hahahaha

Oops...no it isn't.... I have been flying under another handle and skewer has been on ... my bad
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 05:44:34 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2020, 05:45:41 PM »
nevermind  :old:

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2020, 06:02:48 PM »
Only 4 of us from the original Flying Circus are still active.  We are one of the first squadrons in this game.  Elvis, Hand OBX and myself have been in this game as a squad for over twenty years.

The AKs' and our squad would fly together a lot back in the day.

Ripsnort interviewed Squadron Co's many years ago.  Our CO Vati was interviewed by Ripsnort (a frequent member in our squad now when he plays intermitantly).  The page of these interviews is still up as I visited it not to long ago.  Ripsnort put up the best missions in the game.  Why?  Because they were fun!

Last month I played 8 hours.  I did participate and still do in scenarios.  We are hit and miss when online.  The names of those who are many and probably not known to many who participated as a member of The Flying Circus.  Names such as Swoop, Shamus, Vati66, EDO, Toggl, MrWulf, Apar, DrDea, Corrs, Jenks, The Maj and Bodhi just to name a very few.  Our squadron was always full.  Some of you oldtimers will remember us from that time.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2020, 07:43:12 PM »
Oops...no it isn't.... I have been flying under another handle and skewer has been on ... my bad
:noid
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2020, 08:35:42 AM »
Only 4 of us from the original Flying Circus are still active.  We are one of the first squadrons in this game.  Elvis, Hand OBX and myself have been in this game as a squad for over twenty years.

Tried to pull up the Flying Circus under multiple names but no joy there. But if 4 of you are still flying as such (and I have seen the squad tag on the roster) then you should count as such.

My exercise in futility here was to gauge the number of active squads, their member count and to see if there was any possible way to reach out to those who seldom fly and inspire them to all log on at a particular time and a particular night, since many on the forum have voiced how much more fun it was to play with significant numbers. I also wanted to appeal to squadrons to disperse themselves evenly among sides (evenly in numbers, since some squads could bring 50 with the two squadrons with one identity thing and some squads are 'two guys from way back when').

I'd even like to see some friendly squad rivalries scheduled to regularly engage in the MA.

*ShruG* (But the apparent lack of interest is kinda disheartening.)  :cheers:

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2020, 09:20:30 AM »
there are very few big squads any more. The 56th use to maintain upper 20s of active player with around 10 showing for a squad night.  Now goats is the only one left in the squad while Mark4 and I still fly with the pigs.  The pigs on the wing had 2 squads maintaining 40-50 players having 15-17 for squad nights.  Now we are down to 4 or 5 on a good night.

AKs, Jokers, and a few other Bish squads are the only ones I see with big numbers these days. I know a large number of Pigs who have canceled their subscriptions and I say the same about the 56th but I'm not positive if they canceled or if they just don't fly any more.

As more of us that played in the old days retire, or life eases up after the kids move out, this is when we see these old names come back. I don't think you can rush that by pushing them to come back. And if the squads that are still active were inclined to turn the game around i would think they would have already.  I think the AKs are the best at it . With their jumping side each month, working together as a fighter wing, or and attack wing they almost always work together,  what a squad is suppose to do. I can't remember the last time I saw them do any gamey crap like NOEs or run from a fight where defense popped up. We need more squads like theirs.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2020, 09:27:23 AM »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2020, 09:28:58 AM »
there are very few big squads any more. The 56th use to maintain upper 20s of active player with around 10 showing for a squad night.  Now goats is the only one left in the squad while Mark4 and I still fly with the pigs.  The pigs on the wing had 2 squads maintaining 40-50 players having 15-17 for squad nights.  Now we are down to 4 or 5 on a good night.

AKs, Jokers, and a few other Bish squads are the only ones I see with big numbers these days. I know a large number of Pigs who have canceled their subscriptions and I say the same about the 56th but I'm not positive if they canceled or if they just don't fly any more.

As more of us that played in the old days retire, or life eases up after the kids move out, this is when we see these old names come back. I don't think you can rush that by pushing them to come back. And if the squads that are still active were inclined to turn the game around i would think they would have already.  I think the AKs are the best at it . With their jumping side each month, working together as a fighter wing, or and attack wing they almost always work together,  what a squad is suppose to do. I can't remember the last time I saw them do any gamey crap like NOEs or run from a fight where defense popped up. We need more squads like theirs.

This is why I promote players actively taking leadership roles and inspiring others. Some do. Some talk about how it won't work.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2020, 09:39:04 AM »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2020, 09:42:38 AM »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2020, 09:45:55 AM »