Author Topic: Suggestion for leveling country numbers: option to assign on login  (Read 2536 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Suggestion for leveling country numbers: option to assign on login
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 02:15:25 PM »
Even better if you could have a peek at the map for a minute or two in order to make your decision.

Great idea.
:aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline JoyFul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 01:55:00 PM »
We should be able to have as many AI drones as needed to get all countries even.

Better yet, if you takeoff with drones in a pack of 3 like in any bombers, you get to be switched to your next drone when killed.

If countries are even, no more drones available.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2021, 01:06:04 PM »
If I was to implement this it would be a check box to auto select country. It would put you in the lowest country at entry into the arena, the end of every sortie and upon checking the box.

If you unchecked the box you could not change country for the normal change country time.
You also could not check the box until you normally would be able to change countries.

Also I may add a perk incentive to use this option.

HiTech

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2021, 01:16:10 PM »
Please do add these things Hitech. I believe it would do the game and your wallet well!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2021, 03:32:36 PM »
If I was to implement this it would be a check box to auto select country. It would put you in the lowest country at entry into the arena, the end of every sortie and upon checking the box.

If you unchecked the box you could not change country for the normal change country time.
You also could not check the box until you normally would be able to change countries.

Suggest you make this proposal more prominent!  Let some of the gang come up with all the things that might go wrong.  Initially, I like it, although I don't know how squad members and country-loyal people will view it.

- oldman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2021, 03:52:13 PM »

Suggest you make this proposal more prominent!  Let some of the gang come up with all the things that might go wrong.  Initially, I like it, although I don't know how squad members and country-loyal people will view it.

- oldman

People loyal to a chess piece do not care. They just don't have to check the box.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2021, 03:56:48 PM »

HiTech

So with the check box check you would have the potential of switching to the low numbered side after every flight automatically, is that right?

- oldman

It wouldnt effect squads at all. If you dont click the check box it works just the same as it does now.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2021, 05:48:54 PM »
To be able to use perks to lower switch time sounds great

The more perks the faster the swap

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2021, 09:08:11 AM »

HiTech

Also was thinking this might work well also if ENY is turned back on.

HiTech

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2021, 09:30:12 AM »
Check box sounds great!

I would not have to check the roster b4 determining who to fly with as it would always send me to the lowest side

For those who do not want the change they simply do not check the box and they can stay safe in their horde

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2021, 09:52:28 AM »

+1
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2021, 09:53:12 AM »
Possibly changing after every sortie might get a little weird.  Maybe instead of autochanging, ask if they want to change instead?

Also I might put something in where if it's within a certain range of evenness (for example, +/- 10%) it wouldn't trigger?  If it works and lots of people are using it, if a couple sides are just bouncing between being the lowest numbers it might get into a situation where it ping pongs some people back and forth every sortie.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2021, 03:17:59 PM »
Possibly changing after every sortie might get a little weird.  Maybe instead of autochanging, ask if they want to change instead?

Also I might put something in where if it's within a certain range of evenness (for example, +/- 10%) it wouldn't trigger?  If it works and lots of people are using it, if a couple sides are just bouncing between being the lowest numbers it might get into a situation where it ping pongs some people back and forth every sortie.

Wiley.

ROTFLMAO

I can see it now... you dirty umm. Wait let me check.    :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2021, 04:04:33 PM »
Sounds like complex work when you can just make the time switch rule for 3 hours.

Sometimes the lowest #s side doesn't always have the best fight. If it has no action people will log out anyway.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2021, 12:42:55 PM »

HiTech

should have a percent buffer so if I'm helping capture a base and get killed, but the number have gone from +1 to -1 I don't get switch to the country I just trying to stop.

Buffer means numbers have to drop to 10 or 15 or 20 percent below the highest number before I'm switched.
Who is John Galt?